Cowboys Coaching Carousel - Paul Alexander named OL coach

WizardHawk

So the Alexander interview totally fits the massive disarray Dallas is in right now. His blocking scheme is more power oriented. 

Does anyone in organization know what they want? Draft/sign man CBs, then change to zone. Want to run, pass on 1st and goal. Been great zone blocking team, lets go more power.

Again....2018 already reeks of 5-11. 

24 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

So the Alexander interview totally fits the massive disarray Dallas is in right now. His blocking scheme is more power oriented. 

Does anyone in organization know what they want? Draft/sign man CBs, then change to zone. Want to run, pass on 1st and goal. Been great zone blocking team, lets go more power.

Again....2018 already reeks of 5-11. 

When's the last time we were more power oriented on OL? Pre-Callahan right? 

Damn team is a mess.

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Possible. Or, they don't want to come into a stable situation, as Garrett is basically on a 1 year deal right now. Regardless how much Jerry loves him, Dallas misses the playoffs next season Garrett is gone.

As much as I hope this would be true, I wouldn't put anything past Jerry when it comes to Garrett. Always finds an excuse.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

He’s the 1 assistant I didn’t want to lose. He’s done very well with Demarco and Zeke and rejuvenated the careers of McFadden and Morris and helping Rod as well

Yeah, I certainly don't have a problem with bringing him back. He's one we didn't need to replace. I'm just meh at the moment.

One name that has surprised me as NOT being mentioned as of yet, Tony Romo. Now hear me out. I know he is in the booth now and quickly rising as one of the best analysts. 

But do you hear how he dissects plays before they even happen? He is right nearly all the time! His knowledge of the current NFL offenses and defenses and how to exploit them is astounding.

I know its not going to happen, and we just hired K. Moore as the QB coach. But I think that would have been a PERFECT place for Romo to start IF he wanted to get into coaching.

Maybe its just because I am a teacher, but his vast knowledge of NFL playbooks could be better used to educate up and coming players rather than commentate on them.

AND, if his relationship with JJ and the franchise is as strong as it is advertised, I believe this would make a great addition.

18 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hard to tell your wife your leaving a gig that requires you to work 2-3 days for seven figures to come a day work nearly 7 days a week for probably a little less. 

After all the money he has earned with this organization, I don't think money is an issue

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Why would Romo want to inject himself into this mess? Nobody likes Moore due to no experience, wouldn't really care for Romo either at this point. Dalas wanted him back to be their savor they missed their chance in '16

A shot a redemtion? He couldn't get a ring playing, perhaps coaching?

I don't know. I just hear him on TV and think, what a waste of knowledge. He spent all that time sacrificing his body and never got his ring.

Earn it through coaching.

Archived