Cowboys Coaching Carousel - Paul Alexander named OL coach

WizardHawk

36 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Although I agree too much with you here, our coaching staff needs some fresh ideas.

Oh, no doubt. I just have concerns about whether any fresh ideas from a rookie assistant coach will be welcomed and whether they’d even be effective. And don’t get me wrong; I have a ton of confidence in Moore’s ability to transition from player to coach.

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't know....but, next season already reeks of 5-11. Makes me wanna barf. 

Yeah, I'm not feeling that great about our chances.

Though the last time I felt this way we ended up going 12-4...so....

25 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Ok, but surely as QB coach you actually, y'know...work with the QB, right?

Indeed. All I am saying is that Moore's best position was always in Coaching. Even our resident cynic in Plan9 agrees. The problem is the youthfulness of Dak and the need for development. I don't think Moore is yet equipped for that. If ROMO was our QB, this is an entirely different conversation. Moore hasn't shown any ability to develop a QB, but by all accounts he has a great mind for the game. 

If this is to be Scott's last hurrah with this team, it only makes sense to surround him with a staff that will highlight Scott's strengths. Dak's development will remain a concern, though. Hopefully he meets with a QB guru this off-season to work on his mechanics. 

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Indeed. All I am saying is that Moore's best position was always in Coaching. Even our resident cynic in Plan9 agrees. The problem is the youthfulness of Dak and the need for development. I don't think Moore is yet equipped for that. If ROMO was our QB, this is an entirely different conversation. Moore hasn't shown any ability to develop a QB, but by all accounts he has a great mind for the game. 

If this is to be Scott's last hurrah with this team, it only makes sense to surround him with a staff that will highlight Scott's strengths. Dak's development will remain a concern, though. Hopefully he meets with a QB guru this off-season to work on his mechanics. 

Fair points. 

Would be nice if we could get Romo to work with Dak in the offseason.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

We’re not a well functioning organization. This “approach” that we’re attempting to employ is something that 4-12 bottom feeding teams use.

Agreed fully on this. To have our young QB progress means he need a mentor to learn what he doesn’t see. This is nothing more than teammates watching film together but again if he is mentally capable without the physical traits then he will grow but this isn’t the time to hinge Daks progression on someone who has zero experience.

Getting concerned about what looks like a coaching circus right now.  Frankly I don't  know what impact any hires are going to have if the two headed monster of Garrett and Linehan remain.  Now there will be a lot of hand clapping and that's a positive thing right?

Archived