We Did it!! DARNOLD DECLARES FOR the DRAFT!!!

Mind Character

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve always wanted my very own hater.

It’s nice to know that you hang on every post I make while I have to remind myself who the hell you even are.

Don't ever change.

Oh, and feel free to tag me in your posts if you want to mention me so I don’t miss any of your bitterness.

I don't hate you and I would hope you of all people would see that. Sorry If I give the wrong impression in my post.

It would be a very boring place to read and converse if we all agreed on every coach, prospect, pick ect. and I like to razz you because you are the most entertaining poster on here when you don't agree with someone.

No hate intended.

14 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Smith is the smart pick when we go with Darnold

I don't get why if your going this route just go with Kisor another year and get some high end talent at the top of the draft next year? I know that's not what we want to hear but this'll take more then 1 good draft to turn around imo. 

3 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

I don't hate you and I would hope you of all people would see that. Sorry If I give the wrong impression in my post.

It would be a very boring place to read and converse if we all agreed on every coach, prospect, pick ect. and I like to razz you because you are the most entertaining poster on here when you don't agree with someone.

No hate intended.

My bad then, easy to lose intent in text, apologies.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

To me Rosen’s red zone issues is up there with Kizer. I don’t think there was enough talent around them. So when push came to shove, they were forcing the issue. If USC didn’t have the RB they had, I think Donald’s red zone turnover increases when more pressure is on him and defenses aren’t worried about the run. 

I am also losing interest in that idea of we play in the afc north and it’s the only division with big physical defenses. Pitt was a top5 defense but Ravens and Cindy were bottom 6 with cincy being dead last. 

Rosen isn’t small, so I think he is going to be just fine. 6’3 215 is perfect now if he was closer to 200 it be another issue

Darnold is better in the redzone because he is more athletic than Rosen. He has the threat of running it himself, or rolling out on the move.

20 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold is better in the redzone because he is more athletic than Rosen. He has the threat of running it himself, or rolling out on the move.

But can he QB sneak from the 3 yard line? One of Hueball’s QB eval categories. 

37 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I don’t know if he is just that much more athletic. 

Kizer is more athletic than both of them and still struggled mightily in the redzone. IMO hue should of called more designed QB runs besides sneaks lol

also it’s not like Rosen isn’t this great athlete. Dude prolly would be on the pro circuit for tennis if he didn’t choose football. I believe he was rated one of the best junior men’s players in the world at one point. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if he is just that much more athletic. 

Kizer is more athletic than both of them and still struggled mightily in the redzone. IMO hue should of called more designed QB runs besides sneaks lol

also it’s not like Rosen isn’t this great athlete. Dude prolly would be on the pro circuit for tennis if he didn’t choose football. I believe he was rated one of the best junior men’s players in the world at one point. 

I feel like you argue for the sake of it sometimes! Darnold is clearly more athletic than Rosen. Personally I think he's more athletic than Kizer too.

As I wrote before, I am actually surprised by Rosen's lack of athleticism and movement even in the pocket. Especially because he has a tennis background, you'd think he'd have proficient mobility. People think he is good at this because he is a pocket passer but it's a misconception. He isn't that good at sensing the rush or navigating away from it. He certainly doesn't have the Tom Brady pocket movement yet that a statue QB needs. On the other hand, Darnold often has an innate sense for the rush and simultaneously steps away from it as quickly as it appears. Ohio State game withstanding where he was just punished not within reason.

4 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I feel like you argue for the sake of it sometimes! Darnold is clearly more athletic than Rosen. Personally I think he's more athletic than Kizer too.

As I wrote before, I am actually surprised by Rosen's lack of athleticism and movement even in the pocket. Especially because he has a tennis background, you'd think he'd have proficient mobility. People think he is good at this because he is a pocket passer but it's a misconception. He isn't that good at sensing the rush or navigating away from it. He certainly doesn't have the Tom Brady pocket movement yet that a statue QB needs. On the other hand, Darnold often has an innate sense for the rush and simultaneously steps away from it as quickly as it appears. Ohio State game withstanding where he was just punished not within reason.

One, if everyone agreed on everything this site be pretty boring lol

I don’t think he is more athletic from Kizer. You saw games last hear, Darnolda first year and Kizers last year, with similar opponents  Kizer could run away from defenders. I don’t remember Darnold every doing that. Also believe if he was more athletic USC should of used it more specially vs tOSU.

i think Rosen and Darnold are pretty close in the athletic department

in the end, I think I want the guy who is the better pure thrower/passer

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

One, if everyone agreed on everything this site be pretty boring lol

I don’t think he is more athletic from Kizer. You saw games last hear, Darnolda first year and Kizers last year, with similar opponents  Kizer could run away from defenders. I don’t remember Darnold every doing that. Also believe if he was more athletic USC should of used it more specially vs tOSU.

i think Rosen and Darnold are pretty close in the athletic department

in the end, I think I want the guy who is the better pure thrower/passer

That's fair, good point.

I've seen Darnold scamper for some nice runs. Remember him scoring on a fairly long keeper against Colorado I think it was. He had one or two nice runs for a first down against Ohio State.

Kizer was a 4.84 guy. Not that I care much at all about 40 speeds, but I'll go for Darnol scraping into the 4.7s and I think Rosen will be in the 4.9s.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His deep ball accuracy is good enough to make Hue’s nonsense work.

I also think he has the ability to make the reads and these guys open that Kizer lacked.

Hue’s offense CAN be effective, it just was a bad fit with Kizer imo.

I think Darnold can thrive in Hue's offense.  Kizer's big problem is he can't read the field quick enough and his accuracy is bad.  Darnold is super quick reading the field and has above average accuracy.  Not as great an arm as Kizer tho.  I want him to sit but I also wouldn't be surprised if Darnold can start next year and do fairly decent.  I feel he is just the type to do it.

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I think Darnold can thrive in Hue's offense.  Kizer's big problem is he can't read the field quick enough and his accuracy is bad.  Darnold is super quick reading the field and has above average accuracy.  Not as great an arm as Kizer tho.  I want him to sit but I also wouldn't be surprised if Darnold can start next year and do fairly decent.  I feel he is just the type to do it.

I don’t want Hues offense anymore. I want the offense of whoever is the OC!

Archived