We Did it!! DARNOLD DECLARES FOR the DRAFT!!!

Mind Character

54 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Worst (best) case scenario, Colts trade out of 3 with one of those teams for a QB; we take Barkley at 4.

There aren't more than 2 QBs worth a Top 10 pick in this draft so pick 2 is going to need to be another position and not Barkley if that is going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

There aren't more than 2 QBs worth a Top 10 pick in this draft so pick 2 is going to need to be another position and not Barkley if that is going to happen.

Being worthy of a top 10 pick, and being selected in the top 10 are two different things.

Broncos and Jets are both looking for a QB and in my estimation may be willing to jump one another to trade up and grab Mayfield or Allen or whoever is higher on their board.

Just now, Dogbite said:

I'm banking on Darnold/Rosen at 1 and 2. And then Josh Allen to get the underwear Olympics hype, Baker Mayfield to get the media hype and Lamar Jackson to get the once in a lifetime athlete hype.

Between those three and a bunch of desperate teams, someone should get propped up. And we might be right there to take advantage.

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Being worthy of a top 10 pick, and being selected in the top 10 are two different things.

Broncos and Jets are both looking for a QB and in my estimation may be willing to jump one another to trade up and grab Mayfield or Allen or whoever is higher on their board.

Or there's always us taking Allen or Mayfield 1 and then the Broncos or Jets traiding up for Rosen or Darnold?

2 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Neither team picks back far enough to even worry about it. I wouldn't trade up  for either of those two turds. If I were truly desperate for a QB then maybe I'd gamble on them at there later Top 10 picks. There is no separation between Mayfield, Jackson and Allen. With that many QBs that can be the 3rd off the board no one is trading up to #3 for a QB. I am pretty sure I only remember QBs going 1-3 one time in all my years(Could be wrong, but it ain't many). We can agree to disagree. 

I guess my entire point to all of this is not even the QBs it is that I am no longer holding my breath for Barkley. I think it is now a pipe dream at this point unless he has some injury in the lead up to the draft in which case we'd probably pass on him at 4 as well.

6 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Or there's always us taking Allen or Mayfield 1 and then the Broncos or Jets traiding up for Rosen or Darnold?

I cringed reading this nonsense. Josh Allen would be the worst 1st overall selection since JaMarcus Russell.

Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen are the only correct choices at 1 and even Rosen is out unless the whinny rich kid decides he is okay playing for the Browns.

Just now, Dogbite said:

I cringed reading this nonsense. Josh Allen would be the worst 1st overall selection since JaMarcus Russell.

Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen are the only correct choices at 1 and even Rosen is out unless the whinny rich kid decides he is okay playing for the Browns.

Yeah, Allen would be absurd. Mayfield I can at least wrap my head around as he actually looks like he’s good at playing football.  Allen doesn’t look quite so good.

6 hours ago, Dogbite said:

Neither team picks back far enough to even worry about it. I wouldn't trade up  for either of those two turds. If I were truly desperate for a QB then maybe I'd gamble on them at there later Top 10 picks. There is no separation between Mayfield, Jackson and Allen. With that many QBs that can be the 3rd off the board no one is trading up to #3 for a QB. I am pretty sure I only remember QBs going 1-3 one time in all my years(Could be wrong, but it ain't many). We can agree to disagree. 

I guess my entire point to all of this is not even the QBs it is that I am no longer holding my breath for Barkley. I think it is now a pipe dream at this point unless he has some injury in the lead up to the draft in which case we'd probably pass on him at 4 as well.

Why get all worked up about the Penn State back?  This is a DEEP running back class. Let the draft come to us, and if we feel the need to draft one, then get one. I mean, we only have what, three second round picks? If there is a defensive stud at #4, and I don’t care what position he plays, take him (I keep hearing Woody saying, “Did you take him?”). Anyway, back on topic, take the QB, get the BEST for our needs at #4, and then get a RB in the second or third round. Gee, our third round pick is practically a late second round pick anyway, and depending on how the Eagles do, we could have back to back picks. 

My preference would be to hold off on a RB at 4, and go defense. But is that Texas offensive lineman that good to go at 4?  Joe can’t play forever. 

There are a hundred ways we can go, and even if we stand pat and just let the draft come to us, we’re going to have six of the top 65 picks. Now if we can’t help ourselves tremendously with that set up, then something is wrong. Go Browns!

7 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Why get all worked up about the Penn State back?  This is a DEEP running back class. Let the draft come to us, and if we feel the need to draft one, then get one. I mean, we only have what, three second round picks? If there is a defensive stud at #4, and I don’t care what position he plays, take him (I keep hearing Woody saying, “Did you take him?”). Anyway, back on topic, take the QB, get the BEST for our needs at #4, and then get a RB in the second or third round. Gee, our third round pick is practically a late second round pick anyway, and depending on how the Eagles do, we could have back to back picks. 

My preference would be to hold off on a RB at 4, and go defense. But is that Texas offensive lineman that good to go at 4?  Joe can’t play forever. 

There are a hundred ways we can go, and even if we stand pat and just let the draft come to us, we’re going to have six of the top 65 picks. Now if we can’t help ourselves tremendously with that set up, then something is wrong. Go Browns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5hd9w4MFQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice film break down of Barkley. Yes this is a deep class for running backs but the space between #1 and #2 is pretty huge! Its not like others view the #2 RB as the 2nd best offensive playmaker in the draft. Barkley is viewed as the best offensive player in the draft. Other RBs might be able to help the run game but no other RB is going to make an overal impact like Barkley can in the run game and passing game. I think having the ability to have Duke and Barkley in the game at the same time could create a lot of match ups if the Browns had a real OC,

Only way the Browns take a LT early is if Thomas retires. I dont want to waste time or run the chance of ruining a high potential LT by making him play RT because that move could throw his entire game off. We were about taking Joe's replacement when Joe Retires. Joe wants to win, so I rather try and get as much additional help for that. 

Just now, buno67 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5hd9w4MFQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice film break down of Barkley. Yes this is a deep class for running backs but the space between #1 and #2 is pretty huge! Its not like others view the #2 RB as the 2nd best offensive playmaker in the draft. Barkley is viewed as the best offensive player in the draft. Other RBs might be able to help the run game but no other RB is going to make an overal impact like Barkley can in the run game and passing game. I think having the ability to have Duke and Barkley in the game at the same time could create a lot of match ups if the Browns had a real OC,

Only way the Browns take a LT early is if Thomas retires. I dont want to waste time or run the chance of ruining a high potential LT by making him play RT because that move could throw his entire game off. We were about taking Joe's replacement when Joe Retires. Joe wants to win, so I rather try and get as much additional help for that. 

I agree, there are some running backs that supersede the value of the position. Generally I agree don't draft RB's in the first, a part from the freaks that play the position. 

LT, Faulk, gurley, AP,  Edge, maybe Bell. 

they are not so much running backs but weapons that dictate what a defense is allowed to do. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

I agree, there are some running backs that supersede the value of the position. Generally I agree don't draft RB's in the first, a part from the freaks that play the position. 

LT, Faulk, gurley, AP,  Edge, maybe Bell. 

they are not so much running backs but weapons that dictate what a defense is allowed to do. 

Its why I wasnt big fans of fournette, Gurley, and some others because I dont think there games were all that great. To Me Gurley has really taken his game to another level by greatly improving his pass catching ability. I think if Gurley came out with this kind of ability he would of gone higher even with the knee injury. I just dont fall in love with an RB who is just some amazing runner. I want RBs who could do it all. I think in your ist you will have to add Zeke because of what he can do running catching and blocking. The biggest what ifs in my football life time for RBs will be Mo Clarrett. I really wonder how great of a back he could of been if he could of stayed at tOSU for 3 years and than made it to the pros. He is going to be one of the bigger "What could of been" stories

Archived