We Did it!! DARNOLD DECLARES FOR the DRAFT!!!

Mind Character

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb5hd9w4MFQ&feature=youtu.be

Nice film break down of Barkley. Yes this is a deep class for running backs but the space between #1 and #2 is pretty huge! Its not like others view the #2 RB as the 2nd best offensive playmaker in the draft. Barkley is viewed as the best offensive player in the draft. Other RBs might be able to help the run game but no other RB is going to make an overal impact like Barkley can in the run game and passing game. I think having the ability to have Duke and Barkley in the game at the same time could create a lot of match ups if the Browns had a real OC,

Only way the Browns take a LT early is if Thomas retires. I dont want to waste time or run the chance of ruining a high potential LT by making him play RT because that move could throw his entire game off. We were about taking Joe's replacement when Joe Retires. Joe wants to win, so I rather try and get as much additional help for that. 

I’m cool with it. If it makes us better, then great. Are we better off with Darnold, Fitzpatrick (James, Chubb?), and Guice, versus, say Darnold, Barkley and ?

My feeling on Barkley is that too many people are thinking Prescott/Elliot success last year will result.

It won't.

Darnold or whoever it is (although I can't imagine any other pick at #1) will not start.

We will not have the mauling OL that Dallas had last year.

23 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

I’m cool with it. If it makes us better, then great. Are we better off with Darnold, Fitzpatrick (James, Chubb?), and Guice, versus, say Darnold, Barkley and ?

To me I only really like two RBs this year. Barkley and Love. To me those are the two best backs in the draft. Barkley is head and shoulders better than Love. I know Love has the numbers but I think if Barkley played in that Stanford system, he could of been the black Christian McCaffrey.

Im not a fan of Fitz, I think him and Peppers have similar skill set. I rather get a true roaming FS and have peppers play closer. 

Chubb for NCST  would be extremely interesting. Him and Garrett would be an amazing duo. To me the offense needs more help, so I would take Barkley.

Its either, take the best offensive player in Barkley or best defensive player in Chubb after taking Darnold

36 minutes ago, bruceb said:

My feeling on Barkley is that too many people are thinking Prescott/Elliot success last year will result.

It won't.

Darnold or whoever it is (although I can't imagine any other pick at #1) will not start.

We will not have the mauling OL that Dallas had last year.

I would love a Rams/Gurley type rookie success or a jags/Fournett type success.

I dont think anyone is expecting a Prescott/Zeke success because a lot of people knew they were a healthy QB away from being a good team. The addition of Zeke just took them over the top. Zeke with that team makes the Cowboys a 10+ win team 

39 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I would love a Rams/Gurley type rookie success or a jags/Fournett type success.

I dont think anyone is expecting a Prescott/Zeke success because a lot of people knew they were a healthy QB away from being a good team. The addition of Zeke just took them over the top. Zeke with that team makes the Cowboys a 10+ win team 

There were/are a lot more pieces to their puzzles than a RB.

RB in both cases was a complementary piece.

We do not yet have the pieces for a RB to complement, unless you are counting on a QB solution.

52 minutes ago, bruceb said:

We do not yet have the pieces for a RB to complement, unless you are counting on a QB solution.

I have no problem with a RB if he can make a Kamara type impact. That means we have to use him (Hue) and be able to get him the ball in the passing game. Also, Duke wouldn't be very valuable anymore, would basically be just spelling the starter and an insurance policy. Unless we move him to slot receiver part time.

45 minutes ago, bruceb said:

What was the pieces for the Jags? They lose their #1 WR but yet turn into a top5 offense. Let me repeat that, they turned into a top5 offense. That is an offense lead by Bortles. They were the #1 rushing team in the league this year. Year prior they were one of the worse rushing teams in the league. What were the others pieces that made that Jags offense and rushing attack? Fournette completely changed that team. Fournette was not a complementary piece, he was the offense. When you are the #1 rushing team in attempts and yards, compared to being 24/22 the year prior. Fournette was the offensive plan and that made things a lot easier for Bortles. 

Also going into this season with the Rams, they were not thinking to themselves as Gurley is going to complement this offense. All you heard about going into the season that the entire rams focus was going to be Gurley and that the OC wants to use Gurley the same way the steelers use Bell. There is a reason Gurley finished with over 2000 all purpose yards. Its not like they were expecting Goff to make the jump like he did. You could tell with the rams they were going to be a running team and use that to develop the passing attack. 

The success of the strong running game made the young QBs play better, calmer and more under control. 

Yeah there were most pieces to the puzzle but the RB is what made everything work for those offense. You take away Gurley or Fournette and those offenses are going to greatly struggle. you took away some of their best WRs and those offenses still played great. Could you imagine how good the Jags could of been if Allen was never hurt

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have no problem with a RB if he can make a Kamara type impact. That means we have to use him (Hue) and be able to get him the ball in the passing game. Also, Duke wouldn't be very valuable anymore, would basically be just spelling the starter and an insurance policy. Unless we move him to slot receiver part time.

sI dont know if it makes Duke less valuable. Duke was extremely valuable this year and he was barely made a focal point of the offense. Heck him and Barkley would be dangerous because its going to force a LB match up and those two guys are amazing out of the backfield when it comes to catching the ball. Duke might become less valuable in Hues system but if the right OC comes in and uses a 20 package and schemes plays with the both of them on the field, it could create a lot of mismatche

If we get Barkley Dukes is still valuable.

Duke doesn't have less value if used well. 

He is still our teams best slot WR. 

IMO he would be our slot WR behind Coleman if we get Pryor back. Also our 2nd down running back and a 3rd down back. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we get Barkley Dukes is still valuable.

Duke doesn't have less value if used well. 

He is still our teams best slot WR. 

IMO he would be our slot WR behind Coleman if we get Pryor back. Also our 2nd down running back and a 3rd down back. 

He won’t be our 3rd down back as Barkley is elite at it, but I love what we could do with both of them on the field at the same time 

16 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

He won’t be our 3rd down back as Barkley is elite at it, but I love what we could do with both of them on the field at the same time 

It gives us 7 effective options IMO. 

Gordon, Coleman, Njoku, Devalve, Duke, FA/draft WR, Barkley.

usually we have 1-2 guys who are okay and then a bunch of JAG's we pretend are good or above average. 

52 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It gives us 7 effective options IMO. 

Gordon, Coleman, Njoku, Devalve, Duke, FA/draft WR, Barkley.

usually we have 1-2 guys who are okay and then a bunch of JAG's we pretend are good or above average. 

After 5 they are just depth at least part of the time. If we get a FA or draft a WR fairly high they would likely play the receiver role instead of Duke. Barkley would be our every down back (you don't draft him at #4 otherwise) so unless we use a 2 back set, probably not happening often, he will see less action than this year and ultimately not want to be here when his contract is up. He would back up Barkley and play in a couple formations but I just can't see him getting the same kind of use. Unless Barkley isn't as advertised of course.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

After 5 they are just depth at least part of the time. If we get a FA or draft a WR fairly high they would likely play the receiver role instead of Duke. Barkley would be our every down back (you don't draft him at #4 otherwise) so unless we use a 2 back set, probably not happening often, he will see less action than this year and ultimately not want to be here when his contract is up. He would back up Barkley and play in a couple formations but I just can't see him getting the same kind of use. Unless Barkley isn't as advertised of course.

got ya. 

i think barkley would play about 65-75% of he snaps and Duke would play about 55-65 as a dual RB, WR, slot receiver. 

He said h has aspiratios to be come A WR, i think he could be Edleman like in the slot.

i love the concept of having routes where the receiver goes against everage of the CB which is what Edleman and Welker did in NE a lot of the time. Duke could be our Welker Edleman. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If only you could get a guy like Kamara on day 2.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If only you could get a guy like Kamara on day 2.

OR Kareem Hunt for that matter!

OR Shady McCoy!

That said, I wouldn't mind at all if we got Barley so long as we get Darnold at #1. The Colts will draft him at #3 though.

I'm so worried about the Browns given the option of Darnold at #1 and a trade for Alex Smith, they could put 50 names in a hat and make Pick #4 for all I care if the alternative is letting the Browns FO actually make this pick.

Archived