Rams 2018 offseason

holt_bruce81

Chargers rescinded their ROFR tender from RFA Chris McCain, looking like it' was a money-motivated move since Anthony Lynn stated that the door was still open to him, but that would be someone we ought to look into.  Having seen him firsthand (and he beat up on our guys during the preseason too), that's someone who is, at minimum, stop-gap starter worthy at OLB.

10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Chargers rescinded their ROFR tender from RFA Chris McCain, looking like it' was a money-motivated move since Anthony Lynn stated that the door was still open to him, but that would be someone we ought to look into.  Having seen him firsthand (and he beat up on our guys during the preseason too), that's someone who is, at minimum, stop-gap starter worthy at OLB.

I'm down with it.

10 hours ago, chris00cm said:

That's true. Really unfortunate what they have done to that org this offseason.

I think they've made a lot of good moves. They overpaid Landry, but that's what bad teams have to do. We were in that spot not too long ago.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think they've made a lot of good moves. They overpaid Landry, but that's what bad teams have to do. We were in that spot not too long ago.

I'm also still curious to see what the structure of Landry's deal is and where the Browns were in relation to the salary floor before and after he got his deal.  Have to remember that with Thomas retiring, that knocked a high Top 51 salary out of their count and could have actually put them precariously close to being below the floor, so they might have actually needed to put money on the books this season and offered Landry a fat front-loaded deal to satisfy that.

Hey guys, kind of late on this but just wanted to say I know this has become the general offseason discussion thread but don't be afraid to create new threads. Not everything needs to be thrown into one mega thread. I know since the new boards they've wanted to cut down on the larger threads. 

On 4/16/2018 at 2:45 PM, NVRamsFan said:

Longacre signed his rfa tender and Joyner signed his tag.

I'm putting a lot of faith in Longacre this year. He stepped up big time when we needed him early last year. Anyone have any news on Barwin? Are we bringing him back? 

35 minutes ago, Fragafootball said:

I'm putting a lot of faith in Longacre this year. He stepped up big time when we needed him early last year. Anyone have any news on Barwin? Are we bringing him back? 

I could see Wade being happy with him and Samson but wanting to add to the depth there.

Schedule is out...who decided that the battle of LA wasn't worthy of a primetime slot or the 4:25 national slot? (with the 4:05 slot, the game's audience is extremely limited)

19 hours ago, pf9 said:

Schedule is out...who decided that the battle of LA wasn't worthy of a primetime slot or the 4:25 national slot? (with the 4:05 slot, the game's audience is extremely limited)

There is no fight for L.A. it's a marketing campaign that the chargers made up and that Rams fans scoff at. 

On 4/18/2018 at 8:13 PM, RamRod said:

Hey guys, kind of late on this but just wanted to say I know this has become the general offseason discussion thread but don't be afraid to create new threads. Not everything needs to be thrown into one mega thread. I know since the new boards they've wanted to cut down on the larger threads. 

Tell that to WAYTA

On 4/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, The LBC said:

This.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Man my interest in the draft this year is nonexistent. I’m still going over my buddies house and watching, but I think I’m more excited for the food than I am The draft. 

I may be more excited about our two 3rd Round Compensatory picks next year than I am this entire draft for the Rams

Archived