GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Jags @ Steelers  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

That TD was huuuuuuuuuuuge. Game would be over if they went into the half 28-7. Now they're only down 2 scores, have momentum, and get the ball 1st. Jags still favored obviously but this helps keep PIT alive. 

I don't think the Steelers have momentum. I don't think you can ever have momentum down 14 with the opposition Defense EASILY winning their head-to-head matchips right now. Jaguars D has essentially put up 14 points today. And already put up an actual 14 in the first matchup.

3 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

:D

He's a top 15 all time coach obviously 9_9

Tomlin is mediocre at best as a coach. He's been paired with an excellent GM, franchise QB and usually elite talent on one or both sides of the ball since he took over Cowher's team. And he's underachieved consistently.

I'd put his win/losses much more on the Steelers' ability to team build than Tomlin's ability to build/manage a staff or strategize.

This post showcases the ignorance of many fans when it comes to coaches.

Tomlin is absolutely better than mediocre.   Is he great?   No, but he is solid.     But in todays NFL, all fans want to compare coaches to Belichick, and its an absolutely joke.

The discrediting is always comical as well.  Best direction to go for fans who really dont have a better argument to support them.   

"Excellent GM" who has had his fair share of draft failures which have hindered this team, but its okay, that would get in the way of your blind hating.   

The franchise QB argument is always funny....I guess Tomlin should be able to win Superbowls with mediocre QBs like Belichick has....oh, wait a minute....    

Elite talent on both sides?   Spoken like someone who doesnt know what they are talking about.    We had elite talent on defense and average talent on offense from about 2007 to 2011, and as soon as our offense got some elite talent, our defense got older and faded, and hasnt had anywhere close to elite talent since.

Tomlin has plenty of issues.   Every Steeler fans will admit it.   Some are objective about it....some arent.    The fact is, while Tomlin isnt great, he absolutely is a top 5-10 coach....not because he is great, but because there arent many good head coaches in this league.    Every coach except maybe Belichick has notable flaws.    And its also funny that every time the Steelers have a bad game, you get people who bash Tomlin, yet they are nowhere to be found when his team is winning, which is more often than not.    But thats right.....when the Steelers are doing well, he has nothing to do with it....but when they arent playing well, its all his fault.    Funny how that works.

2 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Blaq trying to reverse jinx.

No, if you watch the steelers enough you know when they have it and when they don't. There were games this season where they were down by 14 and I was never worried. This is one of those games where you know they have not shot. Just like the first Jags game.

3 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Blaq trying to reverse jinx.

See my original post. I've longed believed the Steelers would lose this if only because of looking ahead to New England. An elite Defense like Jacksonville does not give up a 14 point lead.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

No, if you watch the steelers enough you know when they have it and when they don't. There were games this season where they were down by 14 and I was never worried. This is one of those games where you know they have not shot. Just like the first Jags game.

I'm still nervous.

Archived