GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Titans @ Patriots   

95 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, we swept the Jaguars this year and looked pretty clearly like the superior team in both games. So...yes?

As for the rest. Whatever. Not going to bother with it. We both watched the first half and know exactly when the game swung.

When you’re maybe a slightly above average team, you need a few breaks to go your way to compete with arguably the best team in football that is headed up by the Best HC in NFL history.  When those breaks are artificially created for the already far superior team, a team without a great coaching staff will often fold. Which is what happened last night.

Someone call the wahhhmbulance

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Ah, possibly the best reminder as to why I’ve tried my best not to get too involved with this thread.

Because you cant help from crying about the refs here?

Good idea, head back to the Titans forum. Y'all can whine together over there. Bring the rest of NFL Gen with you.

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

Because you cant help from crying about the refs here?

Good idea, head back to the Titans forum. Y'all can whine together over there. Bring the rest of NFL Gen with you.

Just so we're clear, I'd definitely stop with the personal attacks. I'm not handing out an official warning in this thread, because I don't think it's necessary and I can't pretend like I've read 80 pages and I'm sure there were worse attacks in here. But don't try to push it. I try to avoid warnings in GDTs unless it's well beyond the line because of the passion and reactive nature of the thread. That excuse doesn't work when the game has been over for 23 hours.

If you think that posts about the refs are a waste of time, great, counter them. Try to have a discussion. Or ignore them. Open hostility is useless and only serves to drag this thread, and NFL Gen in general (excuse the pun), down. Nobody needs it. And that goes for everyone.

And now I'll let this thread fade to obscurity.

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Just so we're clear, I'd definitely stop with the personal attacks. I'm not handing out an official warning in this thread, because I don't think it's necessary and I can't pretend like I've read 80 pages and I'm sure there were worse attacks in here. But don't try to push it. I try to avoid warnings in GDTs unless it's well beyond the line because of the passion and reactive nature of the thread. That excuse doesn't work when the game has been over for 23 hours.

If you think that posts about the refs are a waste of time, great, counter them. Try to have a discussion. Or ignore them. Open hostility is useless and only serves to drag this thread, and NFL Gen in general (excuse the pun), down. Nobody needs it. And that goes for everyone.

And now I'll let this thread fade to obscurity.

You were the one crying about the refs 23 hours after the game, talking about artificial breaks like the rest of the babies in this thread whining about officials being in the Patriots' pocket amd wishing injury on Patriots players instead of discussing football.

Hand out the warning if you want, IDC. Maybe at the same time you should consider handing out warnings to every other fan who fills Patriots GDTs with their salty tears and thinly veiled conspiracy theories. I will even help you out - start at page 20 of this thread and go from there. You'll be pretty busy.

Let me be clear. I dont mind the banter. I dont even mind the trolling by people like paul mac and Horizon Zenith ir w/e his name is. I like the back and forth, it is entertaining imo. But you cant just enforce policy on one side.

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

For the record, for all those screaming bloody murder saturday.  Even with the ability to repeatedly play it, still looks like it was within the second and that "longest second ever" seems completely legitimate.

We were gonna lose that game regardless of what happened with the refs. It probably would have made the final score a little closer had some of those calls went our way but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Regardless, us Titans fans should be happy we lost that game...it led to Robiskie and Mularkey being told to gtfo.

16 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

We were gonna lose that game regardless of what happened with the refs. It probably would have made the final score a little closer had some of those calls went our way but it wouldn't have mattered either way. Regardless, us Titans fans should be happy we lost that game...it led to Robiskie and Mularkey being told to gtfo.

All I'm saying is it proves how biased and embarrassingly predetermined a lot of those posters were in their "evaluation".  

People were acting like it was frozen for 5 seconds and it was a massive travesty - just like they were for the rest of the game. 

Completely irrational and unable to control their emotions.

19 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

All I'm saying is it proves how biased and embarrassingly predetermined a lot of those posters were in their "evaluation".  

People were acting like it was frozen for 5 seconds and it was a massive travesty - just like they were for the rest of the game. 

Completely irrational and unable to control their emotions.

To me, the 1 second thing was more weird than anything. We basically never see a clock operator get that precise with it. Even with automatic time stoppages (out of bounds, incomplete passes, made field goals, etc.) there's normally a second or two that ticks off past the plays completion. Like field goals at the end of the half, if there's 2 seconds on when the ball goes through the uprights, they just tick it down. I remember a Husker game awhile back where a pass fell incomplete with a second left on the clock and they ticked it off. And those are automatic stoppages, not situations requiring a timeout.

There was definitely 1 second on the clock when he went down. Legitimately. It's just really strange compared to what they normally do to not just tick that second off.

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

To me, the 1 second thing was more weird than anything. We basically never see a clock operator get that precise with it. Even with automatic time stoppages (out of bounds, incomplete passes, made field goals, etc.) there's normally a second or two that ticks off past the plays completion. Like field goals at the end of the half, if there's 2 seconds on when the ball goes through the uprights, they just tick it down. I remember a Husker game awhile back where a pass fell incomplete with a second left on the clock and they ticked it off. And those are automatic stoppages, not situations requiring a timeout.

There was definitely 1 second on the clock when he went down. Legitimately. It's just really strange compared to what they normally do to not just tick that second off.

It was NBA finals level of time checking which is odd is all. NFL clock management is never that fast or precise even if literally there may have been .426 or however many seconds left.

20 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

20 hours ago, Malik said:

It was NBA finals level of time checking which is odd is all. NFL clock management is never that fast or precise even if literally there may have been .426 or however many seconds left.

The same exact thing happened in the Falcons/Eagles game.    No one cried bloody murder there.  It's just all preconcieved bias.

Archived