Predict the Pick: 4, Browns

Texas_OutLaw7

WHO WILL THE BROWNS DRAFT 4th OVERALL?   

23 members have voted

1. 1. WHO WILL THE BROWNS DRAFT 4th OVERALL?

• Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
    • Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
    • Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
    • Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
    • Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
    • Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
    • Connor Williams, OT, Texas
    • Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma
    • Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
    • Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
    • Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson
    • Vita Vea, NT, Washington
    • Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
    • Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
    • Derwin James, S, Florida State
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
    • Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
    • Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa
    • Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2018 at 07:52 AM

I went Chubb as well because I like Fitzpatrick but he is more of a Safety and we need a CB. None of the CBs are worth that high of a pick.Also  I'm going with Chubb because I'd be yelled at if I went with a tackle. Although I would not be mad if we picked Fitz there as well. Lastly we could ransom off Allen or Mayfield to the highest bidder. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

If trading out isn't an option, and we grabbed Rosen at #1, I would say Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward and Orlando Brown would be my backup choices. Chubb is really good, but we already have two fantastic DE's (both under control for at least two more years) and I just don't like spending a top five pick on a guy who is going to see the field 50-60% of the time tops.

At this point, after passing on Sam Darnold, I'm probably devastated enough to not care about what we do here that much.

But I will dust myself off, try to move on and acknowledge that I still like Josh Rosen even if I don't think he's the perfect fit in Cleveland.

At this point I then notice that a trade down is not on the table, which would otherwise have been my top choice given Saquon is gone.

In which case, I narrow it down to the top two defenders on the board. Given we took Myles Garrett last year and have a very solid Emmanuel Ogbah... I settle on the blue-chipper at DB and add Minkah Fitzpatrick to the squad.

It's not Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley. But Josh Rosen and Minkah Fitzpatrick are enough to keep me positive about the future of this team.

38 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

The most fascinating thing about this whole thing has been how many Browns want Darnold and how many Giants want Rosen.

Can’t really blame the Browns not wanting Rosen since he practically said he didn’t want to go there 

I'm assuming that since there are no trades we would go with either Fitzpatrick or Chubb. I still think that Sam Darnold is the pick at #1, but what's done is done. I voted Minkah based upon 2 comparable talents with Chubb and him and Fitz would fit the greater need in the secondary as the Garrett/Ogbah tandem is already great.

Archived