Divisional Round GDT: #6 Atlanta Falconies @ #1 Philly Footlongs

Takeaways:

• If we were to win this game, our defense needed to play lights out, and that's exactly what they did. After getting gashed in the run game early they tightened up and basically turned the Falcons into a pretty 1 dimensional offense.
  • We beat the Falcons despite forcing no turnovers, and turning it over twice! That is actually a pretty huge confidence booster, considering we are not a TO prone team and we usually force some TOs. 
  • Nick Foles. He looked so bad in the first half, I would have had no problem with Douggy P putting in Sudfeld if we were down 2 scores with how poor Foles was... but in the 2nd half he evolved into the guy we need if we want to make a run. Somebody who can control the tempo, make the right decisions, make throws on time and in rhythm, navigate the pocket well, and work with the run game to move the chains.
  • The time management by DP was mediocre as usual, but he called a masterful game. He definitely was holding back in that Oakland and Dallas game if you ask me, or at the very least, hadn't yet adjusted the gameplan for Wentz's absence.

We're back in the NFCC boys and it feels good! I had my doubts about this team when we lost Wentz, I all but gave up on them after the defense had 3 straight poor outings, but they showed tonight that 13-3 was no fluke. We're going to give anyone a hell of a fight on our field.

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Takeaways:

• If we were to win this game, our defense needed to play lights out, and that's exactly what they did. After getting gashed in the run game early they tightened up and basically turned the Falcons into a pretty 1 dimensional offense. I thought to win we
  • We beat the Falcons despite forcing no turnovers, and turning it over twice! That is actually a pretty huge confidence booster, considering we are not a TO prone team and we usually force some TOs. 
  • Nick Foles. He looked so bad in the first half, I would have had no problem with Douggy P putting in Sudfeld if we were down 2 scores with how poor Foles was... but in the 2nd half he evolved into the guy we need if we want to make a run. Somebody who can control the tempo, make the right decisions, make throws on time and in rhythm, navigate the pocket well, and work with the run game to move the chains.
  • The time management by DP was mediocre as usual, but he called a masterful game. He definitely was holding back in that Oakland and Dallas game if you ask me, or at the very least, hadn't yet adjusted the gameplan for Wentz's absence.

We're back in the NFCC boys and it feels good! I had my doubts about this team when we lost Wentz, I all but gave up on them after the defense had 3 straight poor outings, but they showed tonight that 13-3 was no fluke. We're going to give anyone a hell of a fight on our field.

Takeaways:

They won!!!!!!!!

NFC Championship baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived