2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, it's one thing to make this trade when you know whose available.  But they moved to the 3rd pick, not the 1st pick.

I have to think there might be some knowledge of who the Browns are taking.  I have absolutely zero way of backing this up, but I think it's likely the NFL has told teams with the first overall pick not to reveal who they plan on taking like teams used to.  They want maximum ratings for the draft. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

I have to think there might be some knowledge of who the Browns are taking.  I have absolutely zero way of backing this up, but I think it's likely the NFL has told teams with the first overall pick not to reveal who they plan on taking like teams used to.  They want maximum ratings for the draft. 

I mean, that's probably true.  I'm sure Cleveland has a general idea of who they want to select at this point.  Probably just firming up their choice.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Probably guarantees Browns will have a chance at Saquon at 4 if they want him. If they pass, have to wonder whether Denver would nab him with Keenum there or will they still go best QB left? 

I wouldn't be surprised if they took Nelson there.  I know there were reports that they were in love with Baker Mayfield, so they could be in play there.

If the Jets were gonna pay this much to move up for their QB, why on earth did they sign BOTH Bridgewather and McCown? You don't need to spend that kind of money on both who you clearly view as placeholders until their drafted QB is ready to take over

Just now, deltarich87 said:

If the Jets were gonna pay this much to move up for their QB, why on earth did they sign BOTH Bridgewather and McCown? You don't need to spend that kind of money on both who you clearly view as placeholders until their drafted QB is ready to take over

They're probably doing the right thing and making sure their offense isn't a total crap fest before they throw their QB to the wolves.  Start McCown/Bridgewater and let them fail, and let the rookie learn from their failures.  Lots of great quarterbacks sat their first year or more.  Our last two great quarterbacks did. 

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

One equals a bridge thats not been driven over in two years.

One equals a bridge that knows the playbook.

One will not be on the roster.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

They're probably doing the right thing and making sure their offense isn't a total crap fest before they throw their QB to the wolves.  Start McCown/Bridgewater and let them fail, and let the rookie learn from their failures.  Lots of great quarterbacks sat their first year or more.  Our last two great quarterbacks did. 

Yeah I feel bad for top QB's that get thrown into the fire right away. Generally doesn't work out well. If a team can afford to, a rook sitting for two or three years is a better strategy. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Oh I get the Jets not throwing a rookie out right away, especially looking at that depth chart on offense. Just seems odds that they'd give McCown a 1yr $10 million deal and then sign Bridgewater for 1yr $15 million. Don't need both guys to essentially play the same role

Archived