2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ohhhhhh.....this hurts.

Nothing but another Mock Draft - but this reality really bites IMO.

Everything breaks and we've got our shot at Edmunds @14 - and we trade it away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I tell ya.

14. **PROPOSED TRADE** Chargers (from Packers) — Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech: Bolts GM Tom Telesco admits needing more from his linebackers. It's probably worth surrendering a fourth-round pick in order to leapfrog the Raiders for Edmunds, 19, who already packs 253 pounds onto his 6-5 frame. Yet his size doesn't appear to impede his range, and that could bolster the AFC's worst run defense, which is sometimes left vulnerable up the middle when Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram are roaring around the edges.

And what to the Packers get for being so gracious?

17. **PROPOSED TRADE** Packers (from Chargers) — Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama: Jordy Nelson is gone, and Randall Cobb might be in a year. Ridley effectively mixes the skills of both, ready to run polished routes now and able to provide the deep speed lost with Nelson's departure.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2018/04/04/nfl-mock-draft-2018-brandin-cooks-sam-darnold/484267002/

If Gute traded back to not pick defense I'd be livid beyond belief 

49 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

Been thinking and Maurice Hurst might make it to out 2nd pick. Would be amazing D line depth and interior pass rush.

Would be tempting. Guy is an animal. Depends on the medical and I'm hearing so many different opinions about it.

22 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Much more impressed witg him than Ridley

I see ridley going the way of a prospect like Robert Woods.  Everyone assuming he's a top guy pre-draft, but he falls and then is just ok in the pros.  he screams guy who we are all saying "OMG he's still on the board" 

Similar thing happened with Keenan Allen, but that was supposedly drug related?

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I see ridley going the way of a prospect like Robert Woods.  Everyone assuming he's a top guy pre-draft, but he falls and then is just ok in the pros.  he screams guy who we are all saying "OMG he's still on the board" 

Similar thing happened with Keenan Allen, but that was supposedly drug related?

I could be wrong but I think the narrative on Allen was he’s not a good athlete.

When I watch Gallup, I don’t understand why he’s not being talked about more.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

I could be wrong but I think the narrative on Allen was he’s not a good athlete.

When I watch Gallup, I don’t understand why he’s not being talked about more.

Yeah, that was part of it too.  Same thing I see with Ridley.  Not an athlete.

Pretty sure PFF has Gallup as their No. 1 WR.  So it's not an unheard of taek (sic). 

After Key’s catastrophic showing at the LSU pro day, he’s dropped out of the top 10 edge rushers in this class in my rankings and I’d be tempted to remove him from my board entirely. I didn’t think he was much of an athlete but I never thought he’d prove on two separate days he’s about as bad of one as the position can carry.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Can someone tell me why Michael Gallup isn’t more highly talked about? Kid is quick, runs a variety of routes, good hands. Much more impressed witg him than Ridley in all honesty.

I think I remember hearing he was lazy from teammates but I could be wrong

I know it wouldn’t make much sense for us to pull the trigger where he’ll be drafted with our obvious pressing needs but I’d really like to see Nick Chubb on this team. Quite confident he’d be better for us than any back in my lifetime sans maybe Ahman Green but I could easily see him being that good as well. Still wouldn’t work out with Williams and Jones already on the roster.

Archived