2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Nowhere near that talented. He could've been a Fairley maybe. Harrell's healthy junior season saw 8 TFL and 2.5 sacks. That was Suh's worst year at Nebraska. Athletically he wasn't close either. 

I disagree.  Kid was significantly better than Fairley, and didn't come with all the character concerns.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I disagree.  Kid was significantly better than Fairley, and didn't come with all the character concerns.

Based off what? He never showed it on the field in college or NFL and it's not like he was some Combine freak that couldn't stay healthy either.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Based off what? He never showed it on the field in college or NFL and it's not like he was some Combine freak that couldn't stay healthy either.

Based off what he did towards the end of his junior year, and what was anticipated from him for his senior year.  Unfortunately, injuries derailed his career but the kid was very talented IMO.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Based off what he did towards the end of his junior year, and what was anticipated from him for his senior year.  Unfortunately, injuries derailed his career but the kid was very talented IMO.

Yeah he was good enough to get a first round grade, he's not anywhere close to Suh, Donald, Dareus, McCoy status as a prospect. 

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The disappointing thing about Harrell is what he could have been.  He was a great DT, and possibly could have been what Ndamukong Suh was without all the antics.  The kid was incredibly talented.

Dating back to his high school days I don't think he was ever healthy long enough to earn that designation IMO

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Mason Rudolph is gaining a lot of traction. What are the chances someone goes Ponder on him and takes him in top 13? Could push another guy down.

Just more players being pushed down the board.  I'm perfectly okay with this.

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Mason Rudolph is gaining a lot of traction. What are the chances someone goes Ponder on him and takes him in top 13? Could push another guy down.

The top guys have been sucking all the oxygen out of the room for months - but I've heard this guy could have the goods. Top 13 type goods? No. Thats not happening IMO.  

AZ, NE or lower first / second round type goods? That could be. I dont knot the guys game, but if the drop off isnt cavernous between Rudolph and the top guys - or he wouldnt be pushed onto the field right away - a team could keep a whole boatload of picks by not trading up to get in line for one of the top guys. Might be a smarter move overall.....again, depending on what kinda game Rudolph brings.

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lamar Jackson has a much better chance. I think Rudolph could be the guy that a team in the 2nd jumps up into the 1st and grabs though. Either that or the Pats/Steelers shock people and take their heir apparent in round 1.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Lamar Jackson has a much better chance. I think Rudolph could be the guy that a team in the 2nd jumps up into the 1st and grabs though. Either that or the Pats/Steelers shock people and take their heir apparent in round 1.

Steelers? Rudolph reminds me a lot of  Rothlisberger. I could totally see them taking him. Really think he’s going to be good and in the long run a lot better than Jackson and his crazy delivery. Jackson doesn’t come across as ever being able to be real consistent. 

22 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Colledge was drafted to be the starting LT after Chad Clifton.  Unfortunately, he played well at LG and he stayed there.

Do we know that, or did we speculate that, that was the case? Clifton played 5 and a half more seasons after the team drafted Colledge.  Colledge played the LT position in college, but so did Lang, and Sitton protected the blind side though he played RT as his college QB was a lefty.  Both of those guys were guards and kicked out to tackle a couple times in an emergency.  I look at Colledge as more comparable to Lang than Robert Gallery.  Meaning that he was a college tackle that they wanted to play guard, but can play multiple positions, as opposed to a college tackle that was supposed to anchor the line for ten years but failed and salvaged himself as a guard.

3 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Do we know that, or did we speculate that, that was the case? Clifton played 5 and a half more seasons after the team drafted Colledge.  Colledge played the LT position in college, but so did Lang, and Sitton protected the blind side though he played RT as his college QB was a lefty.  Both of those guys were guards and kicked out to tackle a couple times in an emergency.  I look at Colledge as more comparable to Lang than Robert Gallery.  Meaning that he was a college tackle that they wanted to play guard, but can play multiple positions, as opposed to a college tackle that was supposed to anchor the line for ten years but failed and salvaged himself as a guard.

I believe there was a comment from Mac or TT that they viewed him as their future starting LT after Chad Clifton.  Lang and Sitton were more limited physically, and most viewed that moving Colledge to guard was a waste of his talents.  Honestly, I wouldn't really compare him to either one.  Maybe Brandon Scherff if you want to make a career comp?

17 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...what's everyone's thoughts for what the first 5 picks go?

1. Cleveland Browns - Sam Darold QB

2.  Trade (Buffalo Bills) - Josh Rosen QB

3.  New York Jets - Josh Allen QB

4.  Cleveland Browns - Bradley Chubb DE

5.  Denver Broncos- Baker Mayfield QB

Archived