2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I am not a WR in the early 1st person, don't really care about the end of the 1st. But it blows my mind that you are cool with drafting a RB but not a WR in the first

For this team I guess you could say I'm not okay with it.  Just in general.  Only because first round running backs these days are the truly elite physical prospects.  It's been a long time since we've had that at RB.  Yeah, you're right though.  I'm not okay with it.  Not for this team.  We don't run often enough and Rodgers doesn't throw to them often enough.  I take it back. 

I have a love hate with RBs. If it's zeke, saquon barkley level prospect, I approve of a top 10 pick. But it obviously depends on the situation. I wouldn't do it if I were the Colts, however I would if I were the Browns. 

I'd rather just use a 2nd or 3rd. Drop off from RBs from 1st to third is just way less than drop off for pass rushers or corners.

2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I have a love hate with RBs. If it's zeke, saquon barkley level prospect, I approve of a top 10 pick. But it obviously depends on the situation. I wouldn't do it if I were the Colts, however I would if I were the Browns. 

I'd rather just use a 2nd or 3rd. Drop off from RBs from 1st to third is just way less than drop off for pass rushers or corners.

How many times have we been in a position to draft a Saquon Barkley or Ezekiel Elliot-level of RB?  Would we utilize a RB of that caliber, or would they be more of a luxury piece?  There's just too many reasons for the Packers to not go RB in the first round.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

How many times have we been in a position to draft a Saquon Barkley or Ezekiel Elliot-level of RB?  Would we utilize a RB of that caliber, or would they be more of a luxury piece?  There's just too many reasons for the Packers to not go RB in the first round

MM does not utilize a RB enough to warrant a high-mid first on one.  Unless that is going to change, the usage value just doesn't match.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

MM does not utilize a RB enough to warrant a high-mid first on one.  Unless that is going to change, the usage value just doesn't match.

And as long as Aaron Rodgers is our starting QB, I've got no desire to change that.  I'd much rather use that 1st round pick on a player whose going to impact us more than a RB would.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:
4 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

How many times have we been in a position to draft a Saquon Barkley or Ezekiel Elliot-level of RB?  Would we utilize a RB of that caliber, or would they be more of a luxury piece?  There's just too many reasons for the Packers to not go RB in the first round.

At no point did I say for us. I meant in general. I am comfortable with our RBs

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

I really hope we give serious consideration to Harold Landry. Love his quickness/bend. Think he can be a game changer.

It's a really weird group this year.

You have a guy who can press the edge and bend but has no counters and little to no inside game (Landry), a guy who has a great rip move and can play the run - I question his flexibility but he will be gone before we pick anyway (Chubb), a freak who has no moves (Key), a power pig from a small school (Davenport) and a guy I can't make heads or tails of because he is basically the only good player on the team (Armstrong).

Whoever our Defensive staff is needs to coach the hell out of these guys. Although this is the case every year, this class seems particularly unpolished.

Archived