2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

4 hours ago, persiandud said:

Agree that it's way too early to write off Josh Jones. I'm still excited about his potential and a new DC might help unlock that 

To me, the game has to be simplified for Josh Jones. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

I hope Josh Rosen comes off as super arrogant at the combine or something happens that makes him fall to #14. I would die if we went from Rodgers to Rosen in 4 years

Manziel was drafted at #22.

Rosen could videotape himself planning an assassination, while smoking crack, with an al quaeda membership certificate hanging on the wall, and a burning flag in the trashcan and still be drafted in the first round

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Rosen could videotape himself planning an assassination, while smoking crack, with an al quaeda membership certificate hanging on the wall, and a burning flag in the trashcan and still be drafted in the first round

Well luckily for us, pick #14 is in the 1st round. All's it takes is for Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen to completely kill the Senior Bowl, and teams worry about Rosen's concussion history. 14 isn't that much of a slide. 

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yessss......but he might be able to dissuade CLE from drafting him!   :)

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That really made me laugh. 

Rosen seems to be the real deal to me. He has the ability to read defenses, he has the arm talent (strength and accuracy).

If you wanted to draft him, it would all hang on whether you thought his personality would mature into something you could reasonably work with.

As for Manziel at #22  xD

15 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Well luckily for us, pick #14 is in the 1st round. All's it takes is for Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen to completely kill the Senior Bowl, and teams worry about Rosen's concussion history. 14 isn't that much of a slide. 

I absolutely LOVE Rosen. I keep watching his tape. His throws can be on the wrong side of the receivers body a lot of the time, but the head is there. I like watching him go through reads. I like the arm talent. I LOVE the confidence. He did a ton with pretty mediocre talent around him. Lasley is good, and that tight end has great hands. But the OL was so meh, bad running game, not a good defense. I can't see Cleveland passing on him at 1 despite what he says. 

But like you said, Cleveland could fall in love with Darnold's potential and size, Allen's arm, or Mayfield's swagger. Rosen has all of those, but I don't think he is better at any of them in those individual characteristics. 

Of course it would be crap if we didn't address holes through free agency

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

He was the winner of the training camp best player award...where things were simple.

They asked too much of him.  Play the slot (where he got two quick sacks), play the deep safety, play the linebacker role...etc.  Kid was thinking too much.  He won't next year when he plays Burnett's role.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:
1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

He was the winner of the training camp best player award...where things were simple.

They asked too much of him.  Play the slot (where he got two quick sacks), play the deep safety, play the linebacker role...etc.  Kid was thinking too much.  He won't next year when he plays Burnett's role.

All of the things you just listed are things that Burnett does. Burnett moves around the defense more than any other player lol.

Also under a new DC this is moot anyway

Doubting that Burnett will wear Green and Gold next year.  Hoping he will, but I doubt it.

As far as doing it all well?  Burnett had years in the system and knew how everything worked (and works) together.  That is why the defenses were bad when he was out of the lineup.

I'm thinking Josh Jones has a learning curve and he will take the jump next year.  Thinking...also hoping.  He was too good in training camp to not have that translate to Sundays.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Doubting that Burnett will wear Green and Gold next year.  Hoping he will, but I doubt it.

As far as doing it all well?  Burnett had years in the system and knew how everything worked (and works) together.  That is why the defenses were bad when he was out of the lineup.

I'm thinking Josh Jones has a learning curve and he will take the jump next year.  Thinking...also hoping.  He was too good in training camp to not have that translate to Sundays.

If we run a Fangio defense, I want Burnett, if we run a Gus Bradley defense, let him go. I'd love to see Josh Jones play that Kam Chancellor role in the cover 3.

Archived