2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Ferrell from Clemson is staying along with Bryant according to his HC. 

Means we'll be down to Key, Landry and Davenport at 14 unless someone like Hubbard posts some insane numbers.

Pretty shocking about Ferrell. 

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Who are the 2nd and even 3rd day OLB’s and CB’s that people like? Guys that will last past the 1st and or 2nd round. 

CBs-  M Hughes UCF;  Holton Hill  Tex,  JC Jackson  Maryland

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

CBs-  M Hughes UCF;  Holton Hill  Tex,  JC Jackson  Maryland

Wanna see Uchenna Nwosu's measurements. Loves his play this year at USC. Smart guy, super tough, penchant for big plays. If his arm length is okay and he times well I'd love to have him.

13 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Who are the 2nd and even 3rd day OLB’s and CB’s that people like? Guys that will last past the 1st and or 2nd round. 

Nick Nelson from Wisconsin is a kid that could see us grabbing after the 2nd round. He got a 2nd round evaluation by the NFL Draft Advisory, not sure I see that. I was actually a little shocked he was leaving early. Has a good nose for the ball, but he's a corner and not a receiver for a reason. I've seen him drop some interceptions that should have been had. Not sure I'd have him return punts in the pro's. 

J.C. Jackson is another 3rd round type kid from the Big Ten that I saw. He's a Maryland kid. I read somewhere is had some trouble at some point in time off the field, I don't think anything major though. 

17 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Then don’t. Bye. 

I can feel the warmth of brotherly love on this cold day.

What I meant to say is I usually get my college player reports after the SB. Doesn't mean I won't keep giving my opinion.

8 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

There's about 5 really interesting second tier pass rushers I'd love to talk about but won't because their names are to hard to spell.

What do you feel he doesn’t have that others don’t?

violent hands, nice spin move, good bend.

Dude’s straight disruptive.

I'm more joking that he and the kids from Washington St., USC, and Oklahoma are all interesting edge prospects with names I'm not going to bother to learning to spell unless they become Packers so I'm not going to really look into them before the draft. 

1 hour ago, gopackgo27 said:

One thing's for sure, looks like we'll have a boatload of options to choose from to upgrade our pass rush.

Just because they could rush in college doesn’t really mean anything. So many second tier rushers flop. I mean we have Vince Biegel and Kyler Fackrell right now who were top 100 picks.... basically get me a rusher round 1

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Duke Ejofer DE Wake Forrest, why isn’t this guy being talked about more? 

I don't see speed-power with him. He's got some good moves inside and out but the threat of going through isn't really present. Can get stoned by RB's.. Good at using length and getting off blocks but he's moving backward a lot. I see a 3rd rounder personally. A lot of his rushes come from a wide 9 spot.

Archived