2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

20 minutes ago, Stevein2012 said:

That doesn't leave much room for error unless you are banking on Rodgers playing or his body holding up till 38-40.  I also am not suggesting he'd draft a QB out of need but I don't think it would be so easy to pass up a franchise QB if one is there.

Yeah, I think most expect Rodgers to play at high level for several more seasons.  With guys like Manning and Brady playing into their late 30's .. early 40's I don't see why Rodgers can't as well.  I think we are few years away from taking an heir apparent ... need to do all we can do now to try and win another super bowl or two.  I'm not opposed to taking a mid round QB to give some serious competition to Hundley ... would like to see us improve that backup situation.

Walters has some daily news and notes on the East-West practices. Nice way to become familiar with some guys. Apparently Wisconsin's Natrell Jamerson is performing well so far. I thought I read somewhere that he is a high IQ guy as well:

"Wisconsin safety Natrell Jamerson had his second straight good practice. He shows good instincts with the speed to cover a lot of ground. He had a good run fill early in the practice and was consistently getting in good position deep downfield. Jamerson (6-0, 198) could stand to gain some more strength for the NFL, but he has developmental potential as a free safety. "

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Walters has some daily news and notes on the East-West practices. Nice way to become familiar with some guys. Apparently Natrell Jamerson is performing well so far

I like the stuff 'Pigskin' Paul Guillemette puts out (linked fom the 'Great Blue North' site). He has his thoughts for Monday and Tuesday up.

6 hours ago, cannondale said:

Walters has some daily news and notes on the East-West practices. Nice way to become familiar with some guys. Apparently Wisconsin's Natrell Jamerson is performing well so far. I thought I read somewhere that he is a high IQ guy as well:

"Wisconsin safety Natrell Jamerson had his second straight good practice. He shows good instincts with the speed to cover a lot of ground. He had a good run fill early in the practice and was consistently getting in good position deep downfield. Jamerson (6-0, 198) could stand to gain some more strength for the NFL, but he has developmental potential as a free safety. "

UDFA. Better athlete than football player.

2 minutes ago, Pizza In A Cup said:

Correct. Somewhere between 7 and 10

Probably depends on what other players have come off the board and what the team in those slots is in need of.  

If a run on QB's happen, none of those teams in the 7-10 range need a QB (unless SF does not retain Garropolo), so those teams would likely have their pick of some of the top players at the other positions.  Chubb would likely be a hot commodity

7.  TB

8.  CHI

9.  SF

10.  Oak

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Yep Key is who I noticed. 

I'd be fairly surprised if Key is a RD1 guy. Too many red flags.

Also, can someone sell Davenport? Its cool to be big and fast, but he looks pretty damn awkward on the edge. Give me Landry every time.  

9 minutes ago, DocHambone said:

I'd be fairly surprised if Key is a RD1 guy. Too many red flags.

Also, can someone sell Davenport? Its cool to be big and fast, but he looks pretty damn awkward on the edge. Give me Landry every time.  

Upside ? Visions of the next DeMarcus Ware if you squint hard enough ? Lots more projection has to be done with Davenport than Landry I would guess. 

Archived