Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

So everyone missed the real culprit here...

Marcus Williams has to make that tackle dont get me wrong but hes played the last line of defense role very well the whole year and if it werent for his INT in the 3rd were not in this game.

The real culprit... Sean Payton!

10 seconds to go with Vikings scrambling, Payton calls his final timeout... Why?

Some would say to make sure we get the proper defense on the field but watch the sidelines. Payton is talking to the defensive backs and I can gaurentee you hes preaching about how a defensive PI will kill the clock anx be a spot foul giving the Vikings a chance to kick a FG for the win. Meanwhile Payton's timeout has given the Vikings an oppertunity to gp to the sidelines and get a better play call in.

Now watch the final play again after that timeout was called. Almost every DB we have looks like there treating the Vikings recievers like thay have an infectious disease. Recievers are allowed to run free routes and then our safety comes up like hes almost afraid to touch the reciever. 

My personal opinion... Payton frozen his young defensive secondary during that time out, killed their confidence and had them thinking instead of reacting. All while allowing the Vikings offense to get in a better position play wise.

In the end, exciting game... Credit Minnesota. 

I'm over it. I had no expectations for this team to do anything else in the Brees/Payton era and we re-built a SB contender and made it this far, a team that likely would've made the SB with one less mistake. I'm hopeful for the future, but as I said before it's the NFL so you never know, but I'll remain hopeful. It was a fun year and I'd much rather be in this position than 7-9, now I'm actually excited for the offseason and to see what we do next year. It was fun, seeing all these young guys step up and do so well was one of the most fun experiences I've had as a fan. Really reminds me of what my Astros did and then we ended up turning those great young players into a title. Football's different, but maybe we can do the same. Congrats to the Vikings, I hope you guys go to the SB and demolish Brady with your defense so Brees will have bragging rights over who did better. ;) 

7 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Don't be so down guys, that's probably the best team in the league, and we played them at their house.  We absolutely could be right back in it next year.  Brees gotta have another year left.

Brees was lights-out in the 2nd half. No reason to think he's done.

I;m well over this game. Williams is a good kid that made a really bad rookie mistake. All he had to do was basically catch Diggs as he came down and take him to the ground to end the game. But we had a whole first half not to end up in that position. Shame on us and kudos to the Vikes.

Saints pick at 27 in the 1st round. How do we get Baker Mayfield?

1 minute ago, navysaintsfan said:

I;m well over this game. Williams is a good kid that made a really bad rookie mistake. All he had to do was basically catch Diggs as he came down and take him to the ground to end the game. But we had a whole first half not to end up in that position. Shame on us and kudos to the Vikes.

Saints pick at 27 in the 1st round. How do we get Baker Mayfield?

Hopefully we don't.  Out of the 5 expected 1st round QBs, I'd put him 6th on who I would want.

Just now, Bootyzafa said:

Brees was lights-out in the 2nd half. No reason to think he's done.

I don't and never have.  Other among us have though.  

I personally think it was one of the greatest clutch performances of all time in a losing effort, considering he was also playing against the best defense in the league.  If we get rid of Brees, we are dumb as rocks.

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

I;m well over this game. Williams is a good kid that made a really bad rookie mistake. All he had to do was basically catch Diggs as he came down and take him to the ground to end the game. But we had a whole first half not to end up in that position. Shame on us

The three biggest mistakes that won't get as much attention:

-Penalty on Ginn's TD

-Sack that forced us into a 58 yard kick that missed

-Not getting the first down and being unable to run the clock out right before our last kick.

What a ballgame. If you didn't have a rooting interest in one team or the other that is the kind of game that would make you a football fan forever.

As a Vikings fan, I've been on the receiving end of too many gut punches; total empathy to Saints fans. The Saints fought with everything they had and never gave up for a moment. The result is not defeat, but pride. Damn good ball team. 

Kinda wish I was down there commiserating with you guys, chewing an oyster Po' Boy. The only thing we're south of is freezing, by about 20 degrees or so.

Archived