Cousins would seriously consider Browns

Dawgpoun8017

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

If we sign Cousins we hafta go all in on him, no QB draft picks. If we sign him we also hafta trade #1 to the highest bidder, because it would be plain dumb not to. The difference between 1-7 or 8 or 9 is not that dramatic this draft, especially with 3 QBs probably going in the top 10.

But, with that said, Id prefer to Draft our QB. Cousins is solid-good. His arm strength is just not good enough. To me, hes Chad Pennington without the injuries. Getcha to the playoffs some years, but we will never win for real. My opinion of course. 

1 hour ago, duke2056 said:

This is very true.

You guys all on the " If we sign cousins, no QB in the top 5 is the way to go " are literally out of your freaking minds.

Cousins is 30 years old. Rookie QB contracts in the first round are 4- 5 years in length. Those players are 21 years old. That's a over 9 closer to 10 year difference in age if we Draft Sam Darnold or Rosen.

Cousins could suffer a catastrophic injury leaving us having to once again tank to get high enough in the draft in a year where good QBs are available to get a young QB1.

If you have 1, you have none....when it comes to QBs.

We have to go all in on the QB position...that means trade, FA, and/or draft.

WE HAVE TO take a QB top 5 NO MATTER what....doesn't matter who we sign at QB.

What are you guys smoking on...

The dumbest decision we could make would to sign Cousins or smith and NOT trade a QB at 1 or 4 we need stability at that position this would be the most ideal situation would be to grab both. If we get Kirk sweet we can let our guy sit for a couple years then trade kirk. If we get Smith same thing. But cheaper. I really hope we can pair either Kirk/Smith with Landry that would be amazing. We have the cash to do it and Landry is still only 25. It would be a rest get for us

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You guys all on the " If we sign cousins, no QB in the top 5 is the way to go " are literally out of your freaking minds.

Cousins is 30 years old. Rookie QB contracts in the first round are 4- 5 years in length. Those players are 21 years old. That's a over 9 closer to 10 year difference in age if we Draft Sam Darnold or Rosen.

Cousins could suffer a catastrophic injury leaving us having to once again tank to get high enough in the draft in a year where good QBs are available to get a young QB1.

If we are going to take a QB in the top few picks, then I don't want to sign Cousins.  If we are not going to go all out trying to win now and in the next 3-4 years, then it wouldn't even make sense to sign Cousins in the first place.  

If we do sign Cousins, what are YOU smoking that would make you want to draft a top guy to sit for 4 years while we are mediocre?  Sorry man, but we are NOT in a position where we can win now AND later.  Shoot, we might not even be in a position to do either, let alone both, especially if we are trying to do both.  It just won't work.  

If we sign Cousins, we have to play to win for the duration of the Cousins contract of 4 or 5 years or whatever it would be, otherwise we would be smoking on some serious idiocy sticks.  

If we sign Cousins, our picks and free agent signings and plan have to be with the intent to WIN, not groom NUMBER ONE FREAKING PICKS for 4 years.  

If we sign Cousins, the ONLY rational move is to trade the #1 pick for a haul, and assume our QB position is set with Cousins, Kizer, and maybe another vet we bring in.  

Otherwise, don't sign Cousins.  

4 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

you want to draft a top guy to sit for 4 years

5 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

If we sign Cousins, the ONLY rational move is to trade the #1 pick for a haul

You assume Cousins starts all 4 years.

That's not a safe assumption for a 30 year old QB.

What if his play regresses?

What if he gets seriously injured?

If he is really good, the team will be good and he probably  on has 4-5 years left of prime play, do we tank after he leaves/retires to get a high pick again thereby throwing away the winning roster that we established?

If we sign Cousins, we have to take a QB top 5...it's the most important position...if you have 1 you have none.

We just strongly disagree.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hey pal, dont quote me and lump me in with that crowd. I gotta rep to think about. I said I wasnt onboard with Cousins. 

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You assume Cousins starts all 4 years.

That's not a safe assumption for a 30 year old QB.

What if his play regresses?

What if he gets seriously injured?

If he is really good, the team will be good and he probably  on has 4-5 years left of prime play, do we tank after he leaves/retires to get a high pick again thereby throwing away the winning roster that we established?

If we sign Cousins, we have to take a QB top 5...it's the most important position...if you have 1 you have none.

We just strongly disagree.

Im sorry buddy, but youre wrong on this. If we draft top 5 QB, then we need to trade for Alex Smith. If we sign Cousins on a massive deal, we need to build around him. Signing Cousins and drafting QB top 5 is just a recipe for conflict man. Dont ride the fence. One or the other. We draft tp 5 QB, you think Cousins wont be peeved? You sign me but dont believe in me. Come on man. Youre begging for massive issues. 

And yes, if we signed cousins i would assume he starts all 4 years.  If we want to win we cant use pick 1 for a player who sits for 4 years.  

Plus pretty sure neither QB would want that situation.  

Pick 1 could easily be used to pick up a rather significant amount on non QB assets.  If we are not prepared to do that them fine, simply dont sign cousins and draft a QB.

The best case scenario is that our front office sees a stud QB in the draft and drafts them.  If they do, dont sign cousins.  Sign a different vet and overpay the hell oit of them for two years to get them here

31 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

If you have 1 you have none?? The saying is: if you have two QBs you have none. IE Holcomb n Couch. Now youre just spouting nonsense. Sorry buddy, Im usually with ya, but I think youre way off the reservation on this topic.

Everyone is talking about Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins due to franchise tag or cap reasons. I am probably more excited about the prospect of Le'Veon Bell not being in Pittsburgh due to cap restraints than us getting one of these two QBs. He's a flat out stud and makes the Steeler offense tick. I believe Pittsburgh could take a big step backward if they lose him and I don't know if they have much choice right now. Without Bell under contract they are 2 million in the green for next off-season. In order to tag Bell which is going to be over 14 million the Steelers will have to do some serious roster gutting before the new league year starts. The amount of roster gutting they would need to do would probably set them back just as much as losing Bell. I am in the hopes that Pittsburgh is forced to trade him for picks and a player. Obviously they would want a player back now because the SB window is getting shorter with each year due to Roethlisbergers looming retirement.

Detroit Lions haven't been able to get a ground game going in years and have a 28 year old franchise QB they have been wasting with no run game to support him. Ameer Abdullah is the type of RB the Steelers can plug in as a starter and get very good production much like fast Willie Parker. I could see a #20 and Ameer Abdullah for Le'Veon Bell type trade.

Another option is San Francisco. Kyle Shannahan has always loved a dominant running game and now has a franchise QB. Jimmy G and Bell would be a great pairing and the 49ers have over 100 million dollars in cap space. They could pony up #9 overall and a starter to land Bell and would instantly be a threat in the NFC West next year.

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Everyone is talking about Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins due to franchise tag or cap reasons. I am probably more excited about the prospect of Le'Veon Bell not being in Pittsburgh due to cap restraints than us getting one of these two QBs. He's a flat out stud and makes the Steeler offense tick. I believe Pittsburgh could take a big step backward if they lose him and I don't know if they have much choice right now. Without Bell under contract they are 2 million in the green for next off-season. In order to tag Bell which is going to be over 14 million the Steelers will have to do some serious roster gutting before the new league year starts. The amount of roster gutting they would need to do would probably set them back just as much as losing Bell. I am in the hopes that Pittsburgh is forced to trade him for picks and a player. Obviously they would want a player back now because the SB window is getting shorter with each year due to Roethlisbergers looming retirement.

Detroit Lions haven't been able to get a ground game going in years and have a 28 year old franchise QB they have been wasting with no run game to support him. Ameer Abdullah is the type of RB the Steelers can plug in as a starter and get very good production much like fast Willie Parker. I could see a #20 and Ameer Abdullah for Le'Veon Bell type trade.

Another option is San Francisco. Kyle Shannahan has always loved a dominant running game and now has a franchise QB. Jimmy G and Bell would be a great pairing and the 49ers have over 100 million dollars in cap space. They could pony up #9 overall and a starter to land Bell and would instantly be a threat in the NFC West next year.

The Shannahans have a long track record of drafting late RB gems that are built for their patented ZB. They rarely if ever sign a high dollar FA for that position.

3 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

The Shannahans have a long track record of drafting late RB gems that are built for their patented ZB. They rarely if ever sign a high dollar FA for that position.

I know but that pairing would be nasty and I don't know that any Shannahan has ever had over 100 million in cap space to work with either. San Francisco and Detroit were just two places I could thing of off the top of my head. There is no telling where Bell could land but I still say Pittsburgh has to thing very very very hard about moving on this off-season or gutting their roster and having nothing but Bell in 2-3 years.

19 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

What the hell does "if you have 1 you have none" mean???

It's a football term used stating that because QB's get hurt, if you only have 1 good QB and no viable backup for him, then you actually have none.

Peace!!!

Archived