Cousins would seriously consider Browns

Dawgpoun8017

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

kirk cousins has a 2 td to 1 int ratio for his career 7.7 YPA and has a career 65.5%.  with a dominant team around him that dude is gonna get you 10 wins per year at least.  he's getting better.  he wouldnt cost a draft pick.  you could trade down from 1 to say 3, get 2 first round picks and still pick saquon barkley and the best pass rusher in the draft and then pick 2 more players at 33 and 35!

This team would be set up for the short term and the long term and have 80 million in cap space.  it would instantaneously be a playoff atmosphere. if not hue gets fired.  

any given year a 10 win team can get hot at the right second and win the super bowl.   give me 6 chances with kirk cousins.  or hell 10 cousins if he plays til brees' age.  

its like a

win win win win win win win win situation pls come here kirk

I’m completely on board with this. Reports are he will go to the highest bidder. We have huge cap space and a huge hole at QB. 

Kirk to me though has an ego you have to be careful with. Signing him to a long term deal and then drafting a QB number 1 might cause drama. In that case grab Alex Smith. But if we’re upfront with him and he still signs I’m cool with that too. I don’t want hardknocks to all be about Darnold vs Cousins. 

Sign Kirk to a 5 year deal and still draft Sam at 1. You’d have Sam for 5 years and could trade him if Kirk balls out.

However, as I’ve said. Cousins is just using the Browns name because they have the most money. Can Jacksonville afford him? I see they have 17 mil in space and could get 19+ if they release Bortles.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I'm just back to let my fellow sheep know that there are greener pastures out there, and the gate is wide open if you wish to walk through it.

If it was greener pastures we were looking for we’d have never been Browns fans in the first place.

Besides, it takes more than animaltested and showtime to have forum, you three dudes aren’t enough. You know you miss us.

4 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I’m completely on board with this. Reports are he will go to the highest bidder. We have huge cap space and a huge hole at QB. 

Of course those are the reports, they’re the reports for any free agent, he’s trying to leverage the team/s that he WANTS to play for to pony up.

I’m not saying he WOULDN’T play here, just that I wouldn’t buy the idea that money is his only motivator. As has been mentioned here and a number of articles, dude drives an old van he bought off of his grandmother and over the summers lived with his parents and in-laws.

I’m not saying he doesn’t want paid, but that lifestyle would seem to indicate it may not be priority number 1.

A photo of Kirk and that beast of a vehicle....

screen_shot_2015-09-16_at_5.01.02_pm.png

18 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Cousins for 4-5 years while we draft a top QB with 1 or 4. If that’s not sustainable success idk what is. It would be perfect. Cousins could sign with us. Kill it for 3 years. Darnold comes in and kills for 10+

I mean if you get Cousins, it eliminates you having to get a QB top 1 or 4. The plus side to Cousins is 1) He frees you up to take the 2 top skill position players in the draft and 2) He doesnt cost draft picks like Alex Smith or Sam Darnold would to get.

You could get Cousins, Barkley and Fitzpatrick/Chubb/Williams and have Kizer still be your young QB in waiting after getting a full season of experience.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Sign Kirk to a 5 year deal and still draft Sam at 1. You’d have Sam for 5 years and could trade him if Kirk balls out.

However, as I’ve said. Cousins is just using the Browns name because they have the most money. Can Jacksonville afford him? I see they have 17 mil in space and could get 19+ if they release Bortles.

Nah, the Browns live in shambleland with talent on the roster and can not afford to spend the #1 overall pick in the draft on a guy who sits the bench. If they DO get Cousins, the #1 pick will be traded to a team like NYG, NYJ or DEN who would move up to select Rosen/Darnold and the Browns would drop back to having #2/#4 or #4/#5 + assets.

This is where my philosophy comes in to get Cousins, swap with Denver at #5 and have them toss in Bradley Roby or Aqib Talib instead of another 2nd/3rd.

In this extremely hypothetical situation you could walk out with Cousins, Barkley, Chubb and Talib essentially with your top 2 picks.......yoooooooooooooo

On 1/10/2018 at 9:31 PM, bruceb said:

This is the quote I was responding to: "I could see if the signing handicapped them or hijacked the rest of the FA from them but it could help them land more players."

If we sign cousins to the richest contract ever we could STILL sign the 5 best available free agents and probably still have 20 million in cap room.  And that is after signing picks 1,4,33,35,60,65.....

The time is NOW to use the damn salary cap.  

5 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

Kirk to me though has an ego you have to be careful with. Signing him to a long term deal and then drafting a QB number 1 might cause drama. In that case grab Alex Smith. But if we’re upfront with him and he still signs I’m cool with that too. I don’t want hardknocks to all be about Darnold vs Cousins. 

How does he have an ego that might be dangerous?

To me anytime anything was some what cocky out of him was before/during/after a game. I don’t remember him having any issues when the RGIII drama was going around. 

I don’t think he would have an issue if the browns also drafted a QB. If he signs with Cleveland those plans, you would assume, was made aware to him. 

3 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

If we sign cousins to the richest contract ever we could STILL sign the 5 best available free agents and probably still have 20 million in cap room.  And that is after signing picks 1,4,33,35,60,65.....

The time is NOW to use the damn salary cap.  

Yeah I read a report that the contract he would mostly like get from the Browns would still leave them with the 3rd most cap space. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I read a report that the contract he would mostly like get from the Browns would still leave them with the 3rd most cap space. 

wow, that's crazy to see.  Getting Cousins, plus still having the 3rd most cap space and keeping all 5 of your 1st and 2nd rounders, that is the ultimate win in my book

Hell, we could sign Cousins, Jarvis Landry and top corner (Malcolm Butler/Trumaine Johnson) and still have over 40-50 million in cap space

I am all for signing Cousins, which hopefully helps land other FAs, trading the #1 to the highest bidder, drafting a ton of good talent, and using a lot of the remaining 70 million in cap space to sign (and overpay if we have to) several high quality free agents.

Playoffs in 2018 are damn near a given if we are somehow able to pull this off. This past year we win 5-6 games if cousins was our QB.  No add tso very high 1st round talents,  a couple high 2nds, and 50 million worth of other free agents.....

Dare i say it, the team would be GOOD even with Hue still screwing things up.

If we sign Cousins we hafta go all in on him, no QB draft picks. If we sign him we also hafta trade #1 to the highest bidder, because it would be plain dumb not to. The difference between 1-7 or 8 or 9 is not that dramatic this draft, especially with 3 QBs probably going in the top 10.

But, with that said, Id prefer to Draft our QB. Cousins is solid-good. His arm strength is just not good enough. To me, hes Chad Pennington without the injuries. Getcha to the playoffs some years, but we will never win for real. My opinion of course. 

Archived