Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

Yeah I really miss being the laughingstock of the NFL. 9_9

We actually have the look and feel of a real NFL team now, for the first time in years. Not a sideshow. Not a circus. A football team.

Anyway, I'd be OK with Bell but maybe he was only a Jets fan because of Rex? I'd rather have Bell than Cousins, tbh.

Re: Demarcus Lawrence, he seems to be a dominant 4-3 left end but can he dominate as a 3-4 end? I think that question is important when shelling out big money in free agency. Scheme counts. 

Lawrence-McLendon-Williams works for me, but maybe we don't have to spend quite that much to upgrade the front line? I mean, if Richardson wants to come back, maybe he would be a nice fit (with Leonard moving from RE to LE)?

Even if we were to land a Lawrence or Richardson to replace Wilkerson, we would STILL need an edge rusher and new starting OLB, so we might as well look for someone who can do both (sack the QB and start at OLB).

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

As we really haven’t improved whatsoever since his departure I really wish he was still here.

Lets face it:

-the offense is still not where it needs to be. 

-we still have no qb.

-still have no pass rusher.

We were at least entertained with Rex and his personality than Bowles and his Omertà approach!

If Gruden can go back to the Raiders than Rex can return too #RexRyan2019 

21 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Re: Demarcus Lawrence, he seems to be a dominant 4-3 left end but can he dominate as a 3-4 end? I think that question is important when shelling out big money in free agency. Scheme counts. 

Lawrence-McLendon-Williams works for me, but maybe we don't have to spend quite that much to upgrade the front line? I mean, if Richardson wants to come back, maybe he would be a nice fit (with Leonard moving from RE to LE)?

Even if we were to land a Lawrence or Richardson to replace Wilkerson, we would STILL need an edge rusher and new starting OLB, so we might as well look for someone who can do both (sack the QB and start at OLB).

He'd play OLB for us not 5T DE he'd be asked to do a lot of the same thing he's doing in Dallas except occasionally in a 2 point stance and drop back into coverage once in awhile 

1 hour ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Lawrence likely won't fit either end or OLB in 3-4 scheme. He is a big time technician. He tried to play RE against athletic's side and failed badly so he switched back to strongside where he could use techniques to embarrass big and heavy OL.  Jets already have slow edge in Jenkins so neither Lawrence nor Jenkins would thrive in weak side for Jets.

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

As we really haven’t improved whatsoever since his departure I really wish he was still here.

Lets face it:

-the offense is still not where it needs to be. 

-we still have no qb.

-still have no pass rusher.

We were at least entertained with Rex and his personality than Bowles and his Omertà approach!

And Rex could actually produce top defenses. I wanted Rex gone with Tanny but I’ll admit if I had to pick Rex or Bowles I’m taking Rex every single time.

Bowles meanwhile offers this team nothing of value as we get to watch his bottom of the league ranked defense and well below average game management. At least the young guys are playing hard though! (You know, the most basic part of the job) 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

He was.  Die-hard.

I really look to Bell as an option only if we miss out on Cousins and big time upgrade the OLine. Then say we do draft a QB at 6... it will make that QBs job A LOT easier if he had that sort of running game to help him (think Dak last year). I'm a Bell fan so I'm on board with a situation bringing him here. Hopefully if he hits the market him being a Jets fan as a kid helps us out. He has a good 3-5 more good years in him I think.

14 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Yeah I really miss being the laughingstock of the NFL. 9_9

We actually have the look and feel of a real NFL team now, for the first time in years. Not a sideshow. Not a circus. A football team.

Anyway, I'd be OK with Bell but maybe he was only a Jets fan because of Rex? I'd rather have Bell than Cousins, tbh.

Laughingstock or relevant? We were always going to be the easy target with Rex and the guarantees etc. I could give a crap what others said around the league. 

I remember walking through Manning and Brady in the playoffs away from home. Should of added Big Ben to that list too. Still bitter 7/8 years on lol!

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I really look to Bell as an option only if we miss out on Cousins and big time upgrade the OLine. Then say we do draft a QB at 6... it will make that QBs job A LOT easier if he had that sort of running game to help him (think Dak last year). I'm a Bell fan so I'm on board with a situation bringing him here. Hopefully if he hits the market him being a Jets fan as a kid helps us out. He has a good 3-5 more good years in him I think.

My fear with Bell is his cost and injury history.  We'll generally be paying a mil a game for an RB.

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

My fear with Bell is his cost and injury history.  We'll generally be paying a mil a game for an RB.

With Bell (assuming we address OLine and draft a QB at 6 or higher) his impact might be WAY bigger than just his production. He really would be the main piece to help develop a franchise QB perhaps. A top RB to rely on in the run game and even more so in the passing game. So his value is actually higher than just his production imo. This is obviously assuming we do like I said and get 2-3 OLineman and a young QB. I’ll point again to Dak last season as an example.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I know the Steelers, have tagged Bell twice, why he so anxious to be a FA?  Is it more than money?  Is  he another Revis, the Steelers always seem to be a top organization. He would be a great boost to our Offensive. It is kind of weird that both Bell & Cousins could both be FA this year. Maybe we will be the NY Yankees of football and get both of them.

Just now, doumeyer said:

I know the Steelers, have tagged Bell twice, why he so anxious to be a FA?  Is it more than money?  Is  he another Revis, the Steelers always seem to be a top organization. He would be a great boost to our Offensive. It is kind of weird that both Bell & Cousins could both be FA this year. Maybe we will be the NY Yankees of football and get both of them.

My thinking might be that Big Ben is retiring and he doesn’t want to be there if he’s not there. Just a guess. He also probably wants an actual contract not just a year to year tag. The thing is, that if Big Ben retires and Pitt transition tags him they can match the deal more than likely. Where Washington won’t really be able to with Cousins more than likely.

52 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

With Bell (assuming we address OLine and draft a QB at 6 or higher) his impact might be WAY bigger than just his production. He really would be the main piece to help develop a franchise QB perhaps. A top RB to rely on in the run game and even more so in the passing game. So his value is actually higher than just his production imo. This is obviously assuming we do like I said and get 2-3 OLineman and a young QB. I’ll point again to Dak last season as an example.

I'm curious to see how Dak is moving forward.  I think he's fools gold to an extent.  People want him to be Wilson and he's not.  That team is going to start crumbling around him which it already is and it'll be interesting to see if he takes his game to the next level like Wilson or if he falls flat.  

Archived