Offseason news/rumours

KimuraGod

39 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think JetsKid was implying we trade Quincy for Crabtree, we'd have him for 2 years at $15M. I like Q but I'd prefer Crabtree to a 4th or 5th round pick.

I think I'd rather have Q at this point.  5 years younger is kind of a big deal, and I think people are underselling how good Q can be if he can come back healthy.  He had 857 receiving yards in an absolute nightmare of a year for Fitz and our QB's in general.

43 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think JetsKid was implying we trade Quincy for Crabtree, we'd have him for 2 years at $15M. I like Q but I'd prefer Crabtree to a 4th or 5th round pick.

Jetskid said Raiders may cut Crabtree and make a move on Q.

Anyway, RFA period will be from March 14 to about a week prior to draft. During the period, Jets would receive the exact what tender was placed. After that, Jets can lower the value if Raiders want to get Q.  The similar situation with Chris Ivory who was tendered for 2nd round compensation before ended up with Jets right before the draft began for 4th? round pick.

In my first mock debut (long time ago), I had Jets abandoned Q to Browns for 2nd round pick. That was because of Browns holding high pick. As far as Raiders are concerning, it will be either 9th or 11th pick into 2nd round for Jets. It is still nice return if Gruden likes Q more than any WR prospect.  I am sure Raiders will wait until the RFA period is complete to waste a late round pick for Jets.

Remember, there is no compensation for losing RFA to free agency so any current pick in return for Q will be better than nothing if Jets really move on from Q. If it was up to me, I would keep him for one more season before he becomes UFA so we could get 3rd or 4th round pick in 2020.  Saints HAD TO move Ivory because of salary cap issue so Jets don't have to move Q for anything less than mid round pick.

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Anyway, RFA period will be from March 14 to about a week prior to draft. During the period, Jets would receive the exact what tender was placed. After that, Jets can lower the value if Raiders want to get Q.  The similar situation with Chris Ivory who was tendered for 2nd round compensation before ended up with Jets right before the draft began for 4th? round pick.

In my first mock debut (long time ago), I had Jets abandoned Q to Browns for 2nd round pick. That was because of Browns holding high pick. As far as Raiders are concerning, it will be either 9th or 11th pick into 2nd round for Jets. It is still nice return if Gruden likes Q more than any WR prospect.  I am sure Raiders will wait until the RFA period is complete to waste a late round pick for Jets.

Remember, there is no compensation for losing RFA to free agency so any current pick in return for Q will be better than nothing if Jets really move on from Q. If it was up to me, I would keep him for one more season before he becomes UFA so we could get 3rd or 4th round pick in 2020.  Saints HAD TO move Ivory because of salary cap issue so Jets don't have to move Q for anything less than mid round pick.

I like Q but a 2nd seems like a ton for a guy with 1 decent year coming off of a serious injury.

5 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I like Q but a 2nd seems like a ton for a guy with 1 decent year coming off of a serious injury.

He has to pass the physical test before he is traded. That means if he is all ready, he may be valuable to Jets by staying with Jets unless Maccagnan successfully get any higher than 3rd round pick.  I am very flexible on Q situation, really.

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Hmm I read it as we'd be trading a cheap player for a proven player with 2 years remaining on his deal. Basically healthy old 2 year player on a bigger deal vs unhealthy young player who may never play again.

15 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I think I'd rather have Q at this point.  5 years younger is kind of a big deal, and I think people are underselling how good Q can be if he can come back healthy.  He had 857 receiving yards in an absolute nightmare of a year for Fitz and our QB's in general.

I don't think you make this trade if you believe Enunwa will return to form. This is a move that the Raiders would be okay gambling on since they'd be cutting Crabtree anyway, while we'd get a good older player with 2 years on his deal who they may not have landed in FA. As it stands right now Enunwa, Kearse, and Robby will all have expiring contracts after this season. Robby will be a RFA but I could see us letting him walk or attempting a trade.

I don’t think we trade Enunwa if we feel confident in his health. Problem is if we aren’t confident in his health... we won’t get much in return and he might not even pass his physical. We also might just want to completely reload the WR core and go after a couple FAs and draft a guy. Time will tell. Quite honestly... I’ve never valued Enunwa as high as some in here have. Add his injury to that and I wouldn’t be too upset if we traded him as long as it meant us reloading our WR group.

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Think if we add a WR, a mid-high tier one, we'd look to trade Kearse, Vet WR on a decent deal could net us a 3rd or 4th

Right now Kearse is our only WR except for a few receivers who have never proven themselves. And don't tell me about Anderson he is on his way to a looney bin. and Enunwa coming back from two neck operations. We are very thin at WR position. Remember how high Mac was on Peake, and Jalin Marshall, last I heard they were on that TV show WHERE ARE THEY NOW.

51 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Right now Kearse is our only WR except for a few receivers who have never proven themselves. And don't tell me about Anderson he is on his way to a looney bin. and Enunwa coming back from two neck operations. We are very thin at WR position. Remember how high Mac was on Peake, and Jalin Marshall, last I heard they were on that TV show WHERE ARE THEY NOW.

Again that's why I said if we add a Mid to High tier WR we would look to him not a guy who would come into tompete for the 4 spot but a legitimate starter. Anderson will most likely get a 1-2 game suspension and I don't think you could move Enunwa at the moment because what ever return you would get on him wouldn't be fair compensation compared to his talent. Macc took Peake in the 7th and Jalin was a UDFA so I don't think he was too high on them like you make it sound. They were both only given shots because Devin Smith couldn't stay healthy.

Archived