2017 Divisional Round

Leader

Just now, Leader said:

I mentioned somewhere back there that Bradfords already pulling down 18M this year. They get rid of him - they can give all or some of it to Keenum and break even.

It's one thing to pay your quarterbacks 20 million for one year when half your starting defense is on their rookie deal.  It's another thing when you've got free agents coming up and won't be picking high in the draft anymore and you're losing coordinators left and right. 

Barr, Kendricks, Hunter and Diggs are all free agents after the 2018 season. 

That also doesn't account for the fact that Keenum isn't all that great. 

3 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

I'm curious: should the worst case scenario play out and we get a Pats-Vikes SB, is anyone here going to be "that guy"? 

I'd love to see the Vikings get smoked at home in the Superbowl, but I'd also love to see them give three qbs Rodgers money.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, I feel for #43.  Dude was probably told 10,000 times, "No penalties" and just had a brain fart. 

Actually, in his defense, how is there not at least one other guy in position to make contact at least. Looked like two other guys over ran it or whatever

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

It's one thing to pay your quarterbacks 20 million for one year when half your starting defense is on their rookie deal.  It's another thing when you've got free agents coming up and won't be picking high in the draft anymore and you're losing coordinators left and right. 

Yeah, but...

They get Cooks back next year and could easily draft a QB at the end of the first.

I don't think they are going away any time soon.  Crazy thing is, they don't have any goons like Moss or Culpepper for me to hate.  I admire how they play and how they built that team.  Good for them.

1 minute ago, green 01 said:

I'd love to see the Vikings get smoked at home in the Superbowl, but I'd also love to see them give three qbs Rodgers money.

I wouldn't mind the Vikes having to pay 3 QBs top QB money with all their other pending FAs TBH, if only to avert another Brady-Belichick SB.

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I got that. Eventually every team with a decent starting QB - one they can win with - will have to pony up and squeeze remaining funds for the roster overall  -  or else draft the next greatest thing and recycle the roster during his rookie contract.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh, I'd argue the opposite. Philly has a run game to go with some nice WRs and a much better OL. It's going to be the "who effs up the game Foles or Keenum" battle.

That graphic they showed right before the end of the broadcast with Keenum and Foles made me burst out laughing. What a bizarre ending to this season it will be.

I just lol at people who think Brady is so damn special when the other three remaining teams are Bortles/Foles/Keenum.  All four teams are top 5 scoring defenses and people are like... Brady's the greatest.  No, he's been the longest lasting really good QB playing for a coach who has consistently had top ten defenses. 

Archived