Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

Pump shotguns suck right now.  They nerfed shotguns a few weeks ago and then now completely took out double pump.  Tac shotguns are wayyyyy better than pumps right now because you can just continually spray them non-stop.  They need to revert the damage nerf they gave pumps a while ago. 

I agree with this 100%

And in most situations I won't even carry a shotgun anymore - much preferring to carry an SMG for close encounters.

9 minutes ago, Nazgul said:

I agree with this 100%

And in most situations I won't even carry a shotgun anymore - much preferring to carry an SMG for close encounters.

Straight up.  I won't pick up a pump shotgun unless it's the very beginning of the game and nobody has shields.  Otherwise, I would rather have a tac, SMG, tommy gun, etc.  Pump is awful.

I didn't even know this tournament was happening but it looks like it's been a complete joke. Game breaking lag, bad casters, no spectator mode, and apparently one of the guys who won has been accused of some terrible stuff and is a known cheater from Counter strike. Company like Epic made over $300 million dollars in May and can't even manage a little tournament?

19 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I didn't even know this tournament was happening but it looks like it's been a complete joke. Game breaking lag, bad casters, no spectator mode, and apparently one of the guys who won has been accused of some terrible stuff and is a known cheater from Counter strike. Company like Epic made over $300 million dollars in May and can't even manage a little tournament?

It was a complete mess. You had 20 people in the final circle since everyone was just camping. Without a real reward for kills, the game is miserable to watch. That and the lag led to so many deaths in the storm that the entire thing became a joke.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I really can't stress enough how well made this game is on consoles.  You can build just as fast and just as good with a controller than 99% of people can with a mouse and keyboard.  It's really amazing to me and hats off to Epic.

Yeah, now that i've played this game enough, the only difference between someone playing with a paddled controller and a M&K is the Mouse speed/fine movement.

Regular controllers still suck a bit because you have to pick up your aiming thumb to jump, pick something up, or switch to pickaxe, and switching trap types/materials, checking your inventory, and emoting requires you to take your thumb off the movement button. I play without paddles, and those are small problem's though tbh, it's not like playing starcraft 64.

The biggest problem for me is editing anything other than a door in a wall, mainly because I don't know what edits do what, but also because doing so quickly requires the finest aim controls in the game next to shooting quickly moving/jumping targets, which is a different thing altogether though. That and dropping/splitting mats quickly and properly, but both this and editing are largely a matter of muscle memory that I haven't built up at all yet.

Speaking of building muscle memory in a game where you don't normally get good opportunities to practice, the playerbase would be well served with a tutorial mode that teachers players all the basics they don't know and also offers challenges like building/editing specific things properly. I won a solo this morning that was so embarrassingly sloppy I wouldn't even show it to anyone to show off. I got stuck in the bottom of my own 2x2 and couldn't get back up it for a whole minute trying to edit the ramps properly.

On 7/14/2018 at 6:57 PM, showtime said:

Straight up.  I won't pick up a pump shotgun unless it's the very beginning of the game and nobody has shields.  Otherwise, I would rather have a tac, SMG, tommy gun, etc.  Pump is awful.

Do you take grey tacs over blue pumps early? I do, but i'm not sure if I should.

I typically stick to using the triangle when editing walls.  One less thing you have to do to get out than placing a door.  

The thing that gets me is for ramps, as opposed to walls/floors, where you edit is where the material remains.  So in most cases when you edit, you're editing to remove that section of the wall/floor.  For stairs, you're editing for what to retain.  That always throws me off.  

17 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I typically stick to using the triangle when editing walls.  One less thing you have to do to get out than placing a door.  

The thing that gets me is for ramps, as opposed to walls/floors, where you edit is where the material remains.  So in most cases when you edit, you're editing to remove that section of the wall/floor.  For stairs, you're editing for what to retain.  That always throws me off.  

56 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Yeah, now that i've played this game enough, the only difference between someone playing with a paddled controller and a M&K is the Mouse speed/fine movement.

Regular controllers still suck a bit because you have to pick up your aiming thumb to jump, pick something up, or switch to pickaxe, and switching trap types/materials, checking your inventory, and emoting requires you to take your thumb off the movement button. I play without paddles, and those are small problem's though tbh, it's not like playing starcraft 64.

The biggest problem for me is editing anything other than a door in a wall, mainly because I don't know what edits do what, but also because doing so quickly requires the finest aim controls in the game next to shooting quickly moving/jumping targets, which is a different thing altogether though. That and dropping/splitting mats quickly and properly, but both this and editing are largely a matter of muscle memory that I haven't built up at all yet.

Speaking of building muscle memory in a game where you don't normally get good opportunities to practice, the playerbase would be well served with a tutorial mode that teachers players all the basics they don't know and also offers challenges like building/editing specific things properly. I won a solo this morning that was so embarrassingly sloppy I wouldn't even show it to anyone to show off. I got stuck in the bottom of my own 2x2 and couldn't get back up it for a whole minute trying to edit the ramps properly.

Here's a video of a console player showing how to do some edits.  This guy is a really good player, probably the best console player I've ever seen.  There are probably players who win more, but this guy actually has the playstyle of a pro PC player.

58 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Do you take grey tacs over blue pumps early? I do, but i'm not sure if I should.

I think that one is kind of tough.  I was watching someone yesterday who dropped a blue pump for a grey tac.  I think for most people that's probably the safer option unless you have Godly aim and can consistently get pump headshots.

22 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Interesting, they remove the tac sub and replace it with another SMG.  Haven't been able to play, is this thing a downgrade from the tac sub?

I've played like a handful of games and I'd say no except in super close quarters.

It feels like a slight nerf to the "pump shot - switch to tac smg" tactic.

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think I'm finally reaching the point to where I'm getting bored of this game now.  I've played it a hell of a lot, but I'm really ready for some of the new games about to drop soon.

I'm experience peaks and valleys that seem to be a direct reflection of how much Overwatch I play, haha.

It's more fun to play casually than OW, that's for sure.