Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

4 hours ago, Nazgul said:

The castors are in their mid-20's, definitely not 30's. And I'm not sure how that matters at all? It's irrelevant.

That's unfortunate for these guys, they look closer to 40 than 20, and the only point of me calling out their age is that they can clearly count to 16 without thinking twice, as can any adult without mental disabilities or a severe lack of education.

but what would you rather them do?

Lock that team in for 1st place and let every other team that reaches 13 get 2nd and down based on the time, OR they could explicitly detail their rules properly so teams don't score 13 and throw thinking they won.

And I don't feel too bad for the team who got passed at the last kill.

IDK, I feel bad for them losing out on $12,000 because Epic doesn't have the forethought to ask themselves a single question about their rules or format in order to prevent stuff like this happening.

17 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I think pursuing eSports and trying to make Fortnite a competitive game is the absolute worst thing they can do.

Battle Royale games in general are a terrible framework for an eSport, and Fortnite is an extremely casual game at it's core. I understand they just want a piece of the eSport money, but it is just a terrible idea for this game.

Their problem is that they are trying to market it as a tryhard esport rather than an entertainment product. They should have random bonus prizes for teams doing things like getting kills with as many different weapons as possible, or making the most baskets in a match, ramming someone with an ATK, whatever else you can think of. Imagine a game where first blood gets $10,000.

And, I think they should be doing duos as 1 pro 1 celebrity to bring in outside views and to keep the sweatiness down.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

That's unfortunate for these guys, they look closer to 40 than 20, and the only point of me calling out their age is that they can clearly count to 16 without thinking twice, as can any adult without mental disabilities or a severe lack of education.

o.O  Courage is 24 and is one of the best at his job, and a great streamer on top of that.  I didn't care for the other guy at all but he seemed to be pretty young.  

19 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

o.O  Courage is 24 and is one of the best at his job, and a great streamer on top of that.  I didn't care for the other guy at all but he seemed to be pretty young.  

Yeah Courage is a great streamer, his casting is great too although I think Hamlinz was better but that's probably just because of Epic's terrible production causing Courage to have to constantly guess at things. He does look 35 though.

This is just the game maker inside of me, but I would be curious to see a 50v50 competitive side, but make it solo. 

The part I don't like about late game fornite is how turtley it is, but it makes sense. There is no way to use advantages on anyone because if you peak and have pressure on one person/team, another person or team will just peak and pressure you. When 20 people make the final circle, you have to worry about 9/19 different positions. So late game is always just hoping the circle will favor you and everyone gets picked off in transition. 

So with 50v50, players should technically have more real estate to move.

There are obviously a lot of problems with the format how it is now, but I would be curious to see an attempt to make it work. 

I always use the wrong peek...

Anyways, I finally played this for an extended period of time. It's kinda fun, still a little slow though.

I love playgrounds though, it allowed me to get comfortable with the controls quicker. Also 1v1s in it are much quicker and much less running lol

Basically I want to play Fortnite, but I dont like BR.

6 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I always use the wrong peek...

Anyways, I finally played this for an extended period of time. It's kinda fun, still a little slow though.

I love playgrounds though, it allowed me to get comfortable with the controls quicker. Also 1v1s in it are much quicker and much less running lol

Basically I want to play Fortnite, but I dont like BR.

Squads with teammates you know and who are good is a lot better than solo BR, most of the problems of constantly worrying about getting pinched are gone because you can look in all 4 directions at all times.

The flaming ring challenge is nothing but grief central right now. 12 year olds getting the ATKs and carts and running off with them after completing their own instead of helping anybody else, seen a few people just drive them into the water. And the loot chest thing is always terrible for a few days. Why can't they come up with better challenges like "revive 15 teammates" or "win 3 50v50s" or "get a kill with 3 different skins"?

Every week it's just

1. Deal damage with some weapon (SMG, AR, any, Sniper)
  2. get a few elims with this weapon (grenades, Sniper, splodes, Pistols)
  3. kill people at some place (Retail, Paradise, Haunted, Dusty)
  4. loot chests at some place (snobby, Loot, Fatal, Flush)
  5. go online and google this battle start location
  6. go online and google the locations of this random activity that help make sure every 50v50 is a giant throw (lightning, Basketball, Clay pigeons, Rings(
  7. do something very standard (lama, 7 ammo boxes, launchpad, build)

5 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

The flaming ring challenge is nothing but grief central right now. 12 year olds getting the ATKs and carts and running off with them after completing their own instead of helping anybody else, seen a few people just drive them into the water. And the loot chest thing is always terrible for a few days. Why can't they come up with better challenges like "revive 15 teammates" or "win 3 50v50s" or "get a kill with 3 different skins"?

Every week it's just

1. Deal damage with some weapon (SMG, AR, any, Sniper)
  2. get a few elims with this weapon (grenades, Sniper, splodes, Pistols)
  3. kill people at some place (Retail, Paradise, Haunted, Dusty)
  4. loot chests at some place (snobby, Loot, Fatal, Flush)
  5. go online and google this battle start location
  6. go online and google the locations of this random activity that help make sure every 50v50 is a giant throw (lightning, Basketball, Clay pigeons, Rings(
  7. do something very standard (lama, 7 ammo boxes, launchpad, build)

This is a valid complaint.  I grinded out 10 weeks of challenges recently last season.  This season is the same crap again.  It's tiresome and boring.  I did all of the week one challenges, but I haven't done any since.  I quit playing this game pretty much outside of getting on to do the birthday challenges really quickly.  I haven't played at all in about a week or probably more than that.  

I'll come back to it soon, but I realized after season 4 that I just couldn't make this game my 'main game'.  It's a cool side game, but I just can't play this everyday anymore.

12 hours ago, showtime said:

This is a valid complaint.  I grinded out 10 weeks of challenges recently last season.  This season is the same crap again.  It's tiresome and boring.  I did all of the week one challenges, but I haven't done any since.  I quit playing this game pretty much outside of getting on to do the birthday challenges really quickly.  I haven't played at all in about a week or probably more than that.  

I'll come back to it soon, but I realized after season 4 that I just couldn't make this game my 'main game'.  It's a cool side game, but I just can't play this everyday anymore.

I can see my kids starting to be not as excited for the game.  They're still doing all the challenges, but definitely less play time recently.  After this season of battle pass they are taking at least the next season off with school starting, and I think they are kind of glad for the break.

Definitely need to get a little more creative with the challenges.  Doesn't need to be a whole new format every week with 70 very different challenges, but i'd say they need to mix it up with half of them.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I can see my kids starting to be not as excited for the game.  They're still doing all the challenges, but definitely less play time recently.  After this season of battle pass they are taking at least the next season off with school starting, and I think they are kind of glad for the break.

Definitely need to get a little more creative with the challenges.  Doesn't need to be a whole new format every week with 70 very different challenges, but i'd say they need to mix it up with half of them.

I saw someone on the subreddit suggest they implement CoD like progression challenges where you're incentivized to get plenty of kills with different weapons and the like, and honestly that's a great idea. Not even just because it would be fun but because those sorts of progression challenges are proven to addict people to keep playing and give them something to do at all times. Instead this game really gives you nothing to play for outside of if you find it fun or not, and there's only so much longer people are going to continue to enjoy playing with 2% or 3% win rates or lower.

3 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Speaking of win rates, what's your guys' for your best mode?  I'm not sure what would be considered good. 

The average Fortnite game starts with maybe 98 people?

So the average player has a 1.02% solo winrate, a 2.04% duo win rate, and a 4.08% squad win rate.

According to Fortnite tracker, for season 5, I have winrates of

5.9% solo with a 1.49 KD across 118 games

3.2% duo with a 1.15 KD across 95 games

6.8% squad with a 1.00 KD across 44 games

So obviously my solos is my most impressive, probably because I take those the most seriously, but also maybe because LTM's/challenges happen in squads and duos and count? I will also sometimes solo fill those modes for a daily "out survive x players in duo/squads" challenge and in those games I never win but just bush camp after my randoms die. I don't know how well fortnite tracker even works for xbox players, and it looks like it may be counting playground as a solo game but w/e.

Would be nice for Epic to get some real in game stat trackers up and running for season 6, but I'd bet a lot of money they won't.

As for what's considered good, some of the best players I could think of and find on Fortnite tracker have season 5 solo win%s of...

1. NotVivid - 55% with 16.81 KD across 151 matches
  2. FaZe cLoak - 48.40% with 14.63 KD across 95 matches
  3. Ninja - 38.60% with 11.57 KD across 176 matches
  4. TSM_Hamlinz - 34.80% with 8.25 KD across 155 matches
  5. Not Tfue - 27.50% with 9.35 KD across 284 matches
  6. Liquid POACH - 26.00% with 8.41 KD across 420 matches
  7. TSM_Daequan - 23.70% with 7.94 KD across 257 matches
  8. TSM_Myth - 21.30% with 5.61 KD across 305 matches
  9. NRG Zayt - 16.50% with 5.12 KD across 237 matches
  10. LiquidChap - 10.90% with 4.03 KD across 359 matches

Obviously these guys are the best players in the world, far above "good", and the win% Range here is 55% to 10.90% so we can't be sure how serious some of these guys are taking their solos, most of them could tryhard and pull over 40% probably. But I think it shows that about 15% plus is in very very good category, and probably 10% is in a great category.

I'm at almost 6% and feel good some games and terrible others. I get plenty of games with 1 to 0 kills and several games with 4 or more, including a couple 8/7 kill wins, but ignoring all the terrible players, I feel like i'm below average for people who are actually decent at the game and can get a win every once in awhile.

If Fortnite Tracker's website wasn't such trash trying to make me verify i'm not a computer just for clicking through their leaderboard quickly I would see what the min win% required is for top 50,000 players, but maybe later.

• Like 1