Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

On 3/4/2019 at 11:40 AM, Danger said:

Good to see Fortnite shamelessly copying Apex's respawn mechanic and pinging system. Though the one skin that resembles lifeline is more of a stretch.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:33 PM, showtime said:

Copying? Bro, Apex Legends wouldn't even exist without Fortnite.  What are you even talking about.

Yep. Fortnite definitely took those ideas, but Apex isn't even a thing without Fortnite. 

Apex should be honored the GOAT of battle royales liked their idea enough to implement it.

17 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yep. Fortnite definitely took those ideas, but Apex isn't even a thing without Fortnite. 

Apex should be honored the GOAT of battle royales liked their idea enough to implement it.

Oh come now. Lets not pretend that Fornite didn't copy PUBG.

PUBG made it mainstream. Fornite refined it. Apex perfected it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh come now. Lets not pretend that Fornite didn't copy PUBG.

PUBG made it mainstream. Fornite refined it. Apex perfected it.

Fortnite is vastly different than both PUBG and Apex.

Apex and PUBG are similar games, Fortnite is totally different. Both are really good games.

55 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Fortnite is vastly different than both PUBG and Apex.

Apex and PUBG are similar games, Fortnite is totally different. Both are really good games.

Apex and PUB G have trash business models compared to Fortnite.

Apex perfected the Battle Royale genre.... the game just came out lol.  Apex is Titanfall with soft class abilities.  There's nothing unique about that game at all.

This game is on the brink of being ruined for a majority of its players. Game is full of bob the builders and you can no longer play casually. If it isnt a part time job you're just going to get absolutely worked a majority of the time. The guys I usually play with haven't had fun playing Fortnite in weeks because its just such a grind now.

Its a shame really. I think a good chunk of people are exploiting the adapters to be able to utilize keyboard and mouse on console as well, some of the builds/edits I've seen on Xbox are just not possible for someone using a controller.

12 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

This game is on the brink of being ruined for a majority of its players. Game is full of bob the builders and you can no longer play casually. If it isnt a part time job you're just going to get absolutely worked a majority of the time. The guys I usually play with haven't had fun playing Fortnite in weeks because its just such a grind now.

Its a shame really. I think a good chunk of people are exploiting the adapters to be able to utilize keyboard and mouse on console as well, some of the builds/edits I've seen on Xbox are just not possible for someone using a controller.

First of all, the game play is in the best state it's been at in a long time.  The problem with consoles right now is the lag and all the bugs associated with it.  They just pushed out a patch today, but it doesn't fix the problem. 

Secondly, full mouse and keyboard support has been on Xbox for a long time now.  You simply plug in a mouse and keyboard and you're all set.  There's no need for a third party adapter anymore.  Other games have full mouse and keyboard support too - Warframe is an example.

Finally, you'd honestly be surprised what people do with a controller.  There is a team that plays on console called Ghost gaming.... They have a player, his name is Ayden and he's one of the best players in the world.  The dude ROUTINELY dominates pro PC players while playing with a controller.

This guy plays with a Xbox controller on PC (used to play on a Xbox One) and he post videos everyday or every other day and he always post 20-30 kill games.  This dude is one of the best players I've ever seen in my life.... controller.  This guy has amazing aim... like it's better than 99% of the people who play with a mouse.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

First of all, the game play is in the best state it's been at in a long time.  The problem with consoles right now is the lag and all the bugs associated with it.  They just pushed out a patch today, but it doesn't fix the problem. 

Secondly, full mouse and keyboard support has been on Xbox for a long time now.  You simply plug in a mouse and keyboard and you're all set.  There's no need for a third party adapter anymore.  Other games have full mouse and keyboard support too - Warframe is an example.

Finally, you'd honestly be surprised what people do with a controller.  There is a team that plays on console called Ghost gaming.... They have a player, his name is Ayden and he's one of the best players in the world.  The dude ROUTINELY dominates pro PC players while playing with a controller.

This guy plays with a Xbox controller on PC (used to play on a Xbox One) and he post videos everyday or every other day and he always post 20-30 kill games.  This dude is one of the best players I've ever seen in my life.... controller.  This guy has amazing aim... like it's better than 99% of the people who play with a mouse.

That building/editing is just insane. I can hang with pretty much anyone on straight gun play alone. But the building gets me every time.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

The adapter puts you on Xbox lobbies, plugging in a keyboard puts you in PC lobbies.

This game has been ruined for the casual player. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

That building/editing is just insane. I can hang with pretty much anyone on straight gun play alone. But the building gets me every time.

The guy absolutely dominates on PC using a Xbox controller.

These are just random clips he got from playing for a bit.  I guarantee you if @MookieMonstah saw an opponent do what he did in just the first clip, he would say he's cheating or using a mouse and keyboard. 

Dude.... that holding the building and shooting that quick to kill him at 45 seconds.  Oooof

7 hours ago, showtime said:

The guy absolutely dominates on PC using a Xbox controller.

These are just random clips he got from playing for a bit.  I guarantee you if @MookieMonstah saw an opponent do what he did in just the first clip, he would say he's cheating or using a mouse and keyboard. 

Dude.... that holding the building and shooting that quick to kill him at 45 seconds.  Oooof

I’m glad the upper echelon of guys can do this. The point remains the same, you can’t play Fortnite casually anymore. It’s full of bob the builders. If it’s not a part time job you just get worked now.

Fortnite didn’t do anything wrong, people are just way to good now I feel like. Games played out.

The majority of people still suck at this game.  But yea, people have gotten better over time.  You just have to push yourself to learn how to build.  If not, there's this game called Apex Legends that is there for people who want an easier game to play.

4 hours ago, showtime said:

The majority of people still suck at this game.  But yea, people have gotten better over time.  You just have to push yourself to learn how to build.  If not, there's this game called Apex Legends that is there for people who want an easier game to play.

I can build fine, but getting into 40 build high building fights 4 times a game just isn't fun. Nothing has changed except the 4 person squad I always roll with went from getting at least 2-5 wins in a 2-3 hour span at night to going days without getting wins. The game hasn't changed really, people are just considerably better than they were 2-3 months ago.

Like I said, you can't be good at this game anymore unless you're investing hours daily into it. Its losing its luster to "common" gamers IMO.

Also, Apex isn't easier to play really. Its just different. I don't know why people are so intimated by two battle royales being good games lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...