Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

The Fortnie vs Marvel thing that is coming out tomorrow is such a good idea. It sounds like it is going to be a special mode, but can you imagine how much money they woudl make on skins if they started getting license characters? 

Fortnite is the perfect game to work with other companies and bring in licensed characters, or can you imagine if they started selling something like athlete skins? They could probably sell a Ronaldo or Tom Brady or Lebron James skin for $20 a pop and sell MILLIONS of them. Same thing for things like X-Men, Game of Thrones characters, Star Wars characters... 

I always get the battle pass.  It's the least I can do for enjoying the game.  Back in October or so, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I do right now.  You get really cool skins, emotes, dances, harvest tools, etc and the value if really good, especially if you play the game a lot.

58 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The Fortnie vs Marvel thing that is coming out tomorrow is such a good idea. It sounds like it is going to be a special mode, but can you imagine how much money they woudl make on skins if they started getting license characters? 

Fortnite is the perfect game to work with other companies and bring in licensed characters, or can you imagine if they started selling something like athlete skins? They could probably sell a Ronaldo or Tom Brady or Lebron James skin for $20 a pop and sell MILLIONS of them. Same thing for things like X-Men, Game of Thrones characters, Star Wars characters... 

Yea, maybe we'll see those things soon.  Marvel is really protective of their property, as are most mega corporations.  Having X-Men, Spider Man, Hulk, etc as skins in Fortnite would be insane.

53 minutes ago, showtime said:

I always get the battle pass.  It's the least I can do for enjoying the game.  Back in October or so, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I do right now.  You get really cool skins, emotes, dances, harvest tools, etc and the value if really good, especially if you play the game a lot.

Yup, plus as @Heimdallr said there is potential for more, I think Fortnite has become the premier example of micro transactions done right.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Yea, maybe we'll see those things soon.  Marvel is really protective of their property, as are most mega corporations.  Having X-Men, Spider Man, Hulk, etc as skins in Fortnite would be insane.

Just a partnership with Disney alone would give them Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, ESPN stuff and who knows what else. Would be insane

15 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

It'll be brilliant if they can pull it off, and it can go deeper than skins.  You tell me that if someone ponies up for the Thanos skin, they wouldn't also get a finger snap emote?  Wolverine and a beserker rage?  Tons of possibilities.

On 5/6/2018 at 3:47 PM, showtime said:

I don't understand how people don't know how to build.  It's literally very simple.  I'm playing with a friend who can't build worth a damn and I'm like.... do you even have fingers?  Is your television turned off?  What's the problem.

18 hours ago, showtime said:

I always get the battle pass.  It's the least I can do for enjoying the game.  Back in October or so, I didn't enjoy the game as much as I do right now. 

Here is your answer. Building has a steep learning curve and there isn't really a place to learn it. This game just took off a couple months ago so most players are new and learning. 

Edited by JBURGE25

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Here is your answer. Building has a steep learning curve and there isn't really a place to learn it. This game just took off a couple months ago so most players are new and learning. 

It's just pushing buttons.  For example, on a controller you can switch to 'Builder Pro' and it's just buttons.  I'm just making this up, but it will be like:  left trigger = steps, right bumper = floor, right trigger = wall, left bumper = ceiling.  On PC, it's just key presses (Z, X, C, V) or whatever you bind them to.  How is that difficult?  You don't even have to aim anything, it's just literally pushing buttons. 

10 minutes ago, showtime said:

It's just pushing buttons.  For example, on a controller you can switch to 'Builder Pro' and it's just buttons.  I'm just making this up, but it will be like:  left trigger = steps, right bumper = floor, right trigger = wall, left bumper = ceiling.  On PC, it's just key presses (Z, X, C, V) or whatever you bind them to.  How is that difficult?  You don't even have to aim anything, it's just literally pushing buttons. 

It's the thinking part of it that's difficult. It's not just pressing buttons, it's the muscle memory and reaction speed when you're bring shot. 

If it's just building a ramp in front of you and a wall to shoot people over, or building a ramp up a hill, then yeah that's easy. But getting into fights with good builders and becoming a good builder is very hard 

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've been playing with builder pro for a couple weeks and my building speed has probably tripled; I still get out-built (?) by really good players regularly. I struggle with countering double ramp rushes, I usually can't get vertical quickly enough.

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

I've been playing with builder pro for a couple weeks and my building speed has probably tripled; I still get out-built (?) by really good players regularly. I struggle with countering double ramp rushes, I usually can't get vertical quickly enough.

I was talking to a friend and he plays with the default configuration where he has to use the bumpers to scroll through the different building types.  That's so bad.  I keep telling him to switch to builder pro.

This game is so well made on consoles.  Initially when I first started playing on console, I was thinking.... wow the building on a controller must suck.  But it's actually really streamlined and well done.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I was talking to a friend and he plays with the default configuration where he has to use the bumpers to scroll through the different building types.  That's so bad.  I keep telling him to switch to builder pro.

This game is so well made on consoles.  Initially when I first started playing on console, I was thinking.... wow the building on a controller must suck.  But it's actually really streamlined and well done.

My only gripe is the "switch materials" button being mapped to the left d-pad. But it's a minor trade-off for having a direct hotkey for each building type.

• Like 1

I just won my first squads game, after my entire team died off the start. I just got terrible loot so I ended up running out in the middle of nowhere for a long time.

The safe zone ended in Lucky Landing, and I hid in a building until the last team of two was left, then I killed one with a silenced pistol before they saw me, then just spammed nades at the other guy for the win. :D

• Like 1