Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I thought the build a fort was going to be so stupid, but its actually become one of my favorite tools. It's really helped balance the game for guys who aren't quick builders.

Seems meant for n00bs and console players (I'm both). I've only picked one up once and just popped it to see what it was like. Bigger than expected.

1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I thought the build a fort was going to be so stupid, but its actually become one of my favorite tools. It's really helped balance the game for guys who aren't quick builders.

I think it bridges the skill gap, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. The building on Fortnite is what separates the bad players from the good ones. 

25 minutes ago, Dwight_Schrute said:
1 hour ago, MookieMonster said:

I think it bridges the skill gap, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing. The building on Fortnite is what separates the bad players from the good ones. 

This is a game without a competitive playlist. Until they do that, I am fine with them trying to help the less experienced players. Once they add a competitive playlist they can ban certain things and then it's irrelevant.

People will stop playing if they can't kill anyone and obviously Epic's goal is to take over the world

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Yeah I'd be fine if they got rid of the guided missiles, I do enjoy the fort grenade though. 

Played two games earlier and each round I came across a little lama thing and man those are sweet, 500 wood/brick/steel and full of other goodies. 

They're even better with the vending machines now too. Found a Llama, and then right after found a legendary vending machine and ended up with a legendary bolt and legendary scar. Doesn't get much better than that.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

It's okay but I don't think it's worth an inventory slot most of the time. I'd almost rather carry a boogie bomb.

I probably wouldn’t carry it early in the game but when it’s down to the final 5-10 it’s worth a slot imo, especially if the circle is closing around an area with little cover. 

Recently swtiched my controls to the builder pro style and I love it, much quicker to build. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Recently swtiched my controls to the builder pro style and I love it, much quicker to build. 

I'm going to try that today.

44 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

I love the fort grenade. Its so useful. If you get into a fire fight you have a massive high ground advantage in seconds.

True but I really don't like the lip around it, it completely shields anyone below your tower and makes it so you have to expose yourself to peek downwards.