Fortnite

CaliforniaKid7

23 minutes ago, showtime said:

I played the 20 team thing and I don't like it.  This game is most fun played solo, but I enjoy playing in a group sometimes depending on how good the people are.  Got another first place finish last night solo and it was pretty intense.

Squads > duos >> solo >>>>>> 20s

It is hard to find good teammates though. i.e. ones that have hit puberty and haven't forgotten to take their ADHD meds

Edited by cddolphin

On 3/16/2018 at 2:37 AM, Manny/Patrick said:

So 2 days ago Ninja the YouTube was playing with Drake, Travis Scott and Juju19 from PIT. Heard they almost broke twitch. I wonder how much the YouTuber made during that session.

Ninja is a streamer on Twitch, who also does YouTube. He has 170k Twitch subs, mainly due to the Twitch Prime Gear that Fortnite is doing, but he's at least making $500k+ this month off just Twitch subs alone, then add in YouTube ads, and Twitch donations. Needless to say, he's making a large amount of money off Fortnite, and that was all before he played with Drake. 

Edited by Mr. bDoDDleS

18 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Ninja is a streamer on Twitch, who also does YouTube. He has 170k Twitch subs, mainly due to the Twitch Prime Gear that Fortnite is doing, but he's at least making $500k+ this month off just Twitch subs alone, then add in YouTube ads, and Twitch donations. Needless to say, he's making a large amount of money off Fortnite, and that was all before he played with Drake. 

Yeah, saw he crossed 190k subs today, when there was a big deal made about him hitting 50k in late February I believe.. And, since he's one of the top-tier streamers, he get $3.50 per month per sub. So that's $665,000 right there. If you ever watch his streams, there is pretty much never more than a 10-second gap between donations, with the minimum set at $8. Add on that he's averaging over 100,000 concurrent viewers every stream (while streaming 10 hours or so a day, six days a week), he has about 5 million YouTube subscribers and is getting about 2-3 million views per video, I bet he makes over $1.5 million in March alone, possibly closer to $2M. It's absolutely incredible.

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, saw he crossed 190k subs today, when there was a big deal made about him hitting 50k in late February I believe.. And, since he's one of the top-tier streamers, he get $3.50 per month per sub. So that's $665,000 right there. If you ever watch his streams, there is pretty much never more than a 10-second gap between donations, with the minimum set at $8. Add on that he's averaging over 100,000 concurrent viewers every stream (while streaming 10 hours or so a day, six days a week), he has about 5 million YouTube subscribers and is getting about 2-3 million views per video, I bet he makes over $1.5 million in March alone, possibly closer to $2M. It's absolutely incredible.

It's crazy how much money Twitch makes off people subbing to people. Like the only reason you sub is to support the streamer but twitch gets a huge cut.

17 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

It's crazy how much money Twitch makes off people subbing to people. Like the only reason you sub is to support the streamer but twitch gets a huge cut.

Yeah, and Ninja’s rate is far better than your average streamer. Most are at an even split of $2.50 per sub.

49 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, and Ninja’s rate is far better than your average streamer. Most are at an even split of $2.50 per sub.

Large streamers like Ninja should just insist that nobody sub and instead only donate so they get more of the cut.

This game allowing cross platform play is what other games need to do.  Allowing console players to opt out of the feature is the way to solve any potential issues of 'forcing' console players to play with and against PC players.  I'm so happy this game is essentially the biggest game on Twitch and they're at the forefront of this type of integration.  I know other games such as Rocket League have done this as well, but this is much different because this is a shooter.

I played for the first time today. Only played two solo rounds and finished 48th and 18th. More dumb luck in finding weapons than anything. I wish there was a free roam mode so I could practice building. I watched one guy after my death and he was jumping around building a really tall tower super fast.

I play on Xbox and I still have issues building quickly. I feel like if I was using a mouse and keyboard it would be way easier just due to being able to hotkey. Granted I could pony up for a pro controller for different button mapping.  My only other issue I have is that you cant change the location of what you need to build IE put the wall by the ramp and not have a floor piece. Other than that this game is a blast!