Cowboys Draft Links and Meetings Thread

flyingmonkey30

I think Dez Bryant knows how to run a post and a corner. Shouldn't it be up to the OC to ask him to do it? It's not like Dak calls a pass play in the huddle and then looks to Dez and tells him to just run whatever route he can remember.

Why should Dez need to hire a guru when Scott Linehan is already on the team? 

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

There are some nice safety prospects. The other Edmund's who plays safety for VT who is brother to the top 10 pick. He has a very nice skill set. He lacks it up stairs so definitely not a plug and play starter. But he is worth the development. Justin Reid is a big ones as is my sleeper safety prospect. Tony Brown CB from Bama who I think would make one hell of a centerfielder. 

Boston, Vaccaro, and Reid all still sitting unsigned atm too. Not sure what gives there exactly and I'm not real sure Dallas makes a play on one anyway, but the longer they sit unsigned, I think the odds of catching a deal improve 

11 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Boston, Vaccaro, and Reid all still sitting unsigned atm too. Not sure what gives there exactly and I'm not real sure Dallas makes a play on one anyway, but the longer they sit unsigned, I think the odds of catching a deal improve 

I think Reid remains unsigned for reasons other than his play on the field.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I think Dez Bryant knows how to run a post and a corner. Shouldn't it be up to the OC to ask him to do it? It's not like Dak calls a pass play in the huddle and then looks to Dez and tells him to just run whatever route he can remember.

Why should Dez need to hire a guru when Scott Linehan is already on the team? 

I openly LOL’d at that. You hit the nail right on the head.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Reid remains unsigned for reasons other than his play on the field.

Which is dumb because he's an above starting caliber safety, something we don't have at the moment, who could be had for dirt cheap (relatively). 

On 3/24/2018 at 6:42 PM, DaBoys said:

I do like Evans as a LB prospect. He has good length and it's always nice when an ILB has a history of getting to the QB. I like his fire. I think he would be a great addition.

I would be happy and would understand all 3 at 19.  

I guess I'll say 

1a. Evans

1b. LVE

3. Hernandez

I just think the LB hole is more glaring than the hole at LG. Looney, Bell, Green, or some pick after day 1 can play just fine sandwiched between Tyron and Fred. Jonathan Cooper proved that. 

I may or may not have Hernandez higher on my board but it's close and I'd take either of the very good LB prospects over the LG right now.

I agree. I think Hernandez would be overkill in one group position. I think LB is a big concern as the defense is so dependent on Sean Lee it's ridiculous. I took LVE, but Evans is definitely growing on me as I think he would be a perfect Will replacement. This team cannot bank on Sean Lee being healthy for 16 games, so it's probably best his replacement one year early. But if they choose Evans, who will man the MLB spot since Jaylon is being moved to SLB? 

It's definitely a tough call. 

Archived