NBA 2k18 Thread

16 hours ago, sunnygsm said:

Anyone tried the Live 18 demo?

I did.  It's definitely an improvement, but it's still a long way behind 2k.  Driving to the basket is pretty fun.  You can get on the defenders hip, where 2k just triggers a stonewall type animation in the same scenario.  Overall, Live is pretty clunky though.  The more I played it, the less I was a fan. 

9 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I did.  It's definitely an improvement, but it's still a long way behind 2k.  Driving to the basket is pretty fun.  You can get on the defenders hip, where 2k just triggers a stonewall type animation in the same scenario.  Overall, Live is pretty clunky though.  The more I played it, the less I was a fan. 

The driving is one thing I definitely liked (defensively too). I felt in 2K17, if you didn't hit a special animation, driving past people was really difficult. 

1 hour ago, sunnygsm said:

The driving is one thing I definitely liked (defensively too). I felt in 2K17, if you didn't hit a special animation, driving past people was really difficult. 

Yeah, 2k17 was way to dependent on what animation you could get to trigger.  They're claiming they've corrected that in 2k18, but I would have to see it to believe it.  It's been a legacy issue with 2k, 2k17 was just more canned animations than they even typically put out.  

I enjoyed Live's demo, but once I played a few games, I was ready for 2k.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Can you explain why you're interested in this feature?  I'm just curious.  

What's not to like, honestly. It's a very open-world look at the game. Gives you freedom and the ability to actually feel like you're in a community playing street ball. I wish NHL did anything remotely close to this. 

Also, this could mean a ton of less loading screens... That's always a big plus.

9 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

What's not to like, honestly. It's a very open-world look at the game. Gives you freedom and the ability to actually feel like you're in a community playing street ball. I wish NHL did anything remotely close to this. 

Also, this could mean a ton of less loading screens... That's always a big plus.

I guess we just have different interests in the game.  I don't have any interest in playing street ball, or nba jam style basketball as I like to call it.  I usually just stick to the GM Mode, which is the best of any sports title out there right now IMO.  I just hope this doesn't distract them from continuing to make improvements to GM mode, like Madden has completely abandoned it.    

Debating picking up a PS4 slim (Amazon bundle with uncharted 4) mainly to play Madden and NBA2K18. Please advise whether I should or shouldn't. The last 2K game I played was 2K14 I believe, my roommate and I ran a two team league and it was a blast, also had fun with my own player. I know this game hasn't launched yet but from the article on page 1 it looks great for offline players like me to run a team in a franchise mode.

Archived