2018 Free Agency

turtle28

Take out the money involved for a second on this. Would you guys rather sign Poe or Logan to play nose in free agency or draft Vea or Payne in draft to play the nose? If you think free agency is the answer who should we target in draft?

9 minutes ago, Eric said:

Take out the money involved for a second on this. Would you guys rather sign Poe or Logan to play nose in free agency or draft Vea or Payne in draft to play the nose? If you think free agency is the answer who should we target in draft?

whoever is younger

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

I wouldn’t mind doing one from both! Sign one and if neither of the ILB’s are avalible in the draft and you aren’t prepared to take Guice that early make this DL a strength!!! This team needs two really good DL players to rotate. Keeping players fresh time and time again has shown to be key to defensive success when it come to the DL

28 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Maybe he’s the kind of guy that just won’t leave. I was hoping for Butler. Still want Poe. 

I'm aiming for Suh, I'm tired of guys that's inconsistent . Suh good for three more years and can dominate in our 3-4 at anDE than on passing situations can go to DT.

Such would be awesome, were usually good for one big splash, I kind of think that's why we didn't sign Wilkerson. Could you imagine drafting Vea and having Suh and Allen on the edge as ends? Then you have Lanier and Ionnidis ( a favorite of mine) to rotate in?

Too good to be true for this fan. Makes Mcgee and McClain signings last year look real dumb now

27 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I wouldn’t mind doing one from both! Sign one and if neither of the ILB’s are avalible in the draft and you aren’t prepared to take Guice that early make this DL a strength!!! This team needs two really good DL players to rotate. Keeping players fresh time and time again has shown to be key to defensive success when it come to the DL

Same. What I don't want to do is go into the draft with huge holes that force us to reach for need. Getting one of them in FA allows us to not get blindsided if both Vea and Payne are gone and allows us to either take an impact player at another position, or move back to where we think our next guy will be available while picking up picks.

Simple yet great scenario :

sign POE or Logan

Trade back in round 1 and then draft Rashaan Evans or LVE

Draft Ronald Jones or Sony Michel in round 2

Draft Anthony Miller or DaeSean Hamilton with that rd 3 pick from trading back

Focus on IOL early on day 3, along with CB or whatever else. 

To be fair, I don't care All that much about missing out on Wilkerson. Breeland is a real bummer but only because we lost Fuller. I was totally fine with him walking before that. I really want Brown back and that might happen if the market for him isn't what he expected but we really need to do something about NT and OG. 

Poe, as Dash has suggested, would be a nice get. I'm not that big on Sheldon Richardson because he's a bonehead. I'd like to see us work something out with Arizona for Matheiu but I think the team is happy with the safety position. 

Like Thai has said, I don't want to go into the draft with a bunch of needs. I also don't want our first pick to be a corner. You paid Norman and you showed faith in Dunbar by giving him a nice raise. Let's see what Moreau is capable of along with Holsey. 

1 hour ago, Eric said:

I’d try to get Poe on a 1 year deal, then if Payne is there at 13 take him anyways.

Archived