2018 Free Agency

turtle28

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So Bruce sent Doug Williams out to talk to at the press conference introducing the player Bruce traded for without Doug even knowing.  What a historic POS Bruce is.

its the Redskins. this is why im bitter, because for atleast the next few years we have no REAL future with a 34 year old qb and a scrub as gm. we have no hope.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Moreau is the new Breeland and Moreau is faster - something we lack at corner - but I wouldn’t be opposed to re-signing Bree if it’s $5 mil or less avg per year.

We have no idea what Moreau is. He's potential at this point.

Sending out Williams is a classic Bruce move- put somebody and employee or better yet SB Winner between him and any blame for decisions so he doesn’t get fired or blamed. Moron Danny is so stupid he falls for it just as some say Gruden doesn’t control the defense or running game as HC lol lol

now brace yourselves. I think we are handling free agency very well. Signing guys we need to sign at reasonable prices, acquiring a speedy WR and accumulating draft picks as comp picks for backups signed to play elsewhere. I don’t think Breeland would start next year for us thanks to Scot drafting better corners

we aren’t winning a SB with Old man Smith but without him we would be in full rebuild mode and that doesn’t sell tickets at the worst stadium in the NFL. At best we are in the 6-10 to 8-8  range just where we were last year. The good news is once idiot Danny wakes up we don’t have a tremendous amount of dollars locked up for our new GM. Btw wasn’t Brice supposed to be our new GM? Of right he will never expose himself to being fired as he’s worse than incompetent. Danny is the new Abe Pollan in so many ways lol all bad ways 

Probably partying and stepped on a broken bottle.

Happened to my cousin during my bachelor party in DR. Since my phone is currently in the same hemisphere as my wife that is as much as I’ll say for now. 

I’d love to low ball Breeland now. He’s in “one year prove it” territory

John Sullivan just got PAID by the Rams. When we signed him 2 seasons ago,nobody wanted him. Just goes to show you that you never know what you may get with a late signing FA or a so called "washed up"player. There's someone out there we could get for cheap that could help the team.  Not sure who though...?

Texans signed DB Tyrann Mathieu, formerly of the Cardinals, to a one-year contract.

J.J. Watt put the full-court press on with a recruiting pitch and was able to seal the deal for Houston. Mathieu was cut by the Cardinals earlier this week after he refused to restructure his contract. Mathieu will look to rehab his value in Houston and hit the market next year. He's still just 25 and can play all over the back of the defense at safety, nickel, and even dime linebacker. The Texans have had one of the best weeks in the league, adding Mathieu, CB Aaron Colvin, OG Zach Fulton, and OG Senio Kelemete. OL and the secondary were huge needs.

Well. That sucks

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

We have no idea what Moreau is. He's potential at this point.

Dude, we had no idea what Breeland was in 2014 & 15 when we went with him as a starter. We had no idea what Fuller was going to be last year before the season, Most Redskins fans pegged him as a bust after his rookie season when it was just his rookie season! And look what he did?

I’m not saying Moreau is definite to be the next young corner for us to break out, but this definitely should be his chance to prove himself! It’s also a true statement that Moreau was a higher graded player than Breeland coming out of college.

So, when I say Moreau is the next Breeland, that’s what I mean. I mean it’s his chance to do what Breeland got to do in 2014 & 15 and Fuller last year; its Moreau’s time and he should get this opportunity.

Also, we had already chose Dunny long term over Bree. That decision was made a month ago. So, If Moreau doesn’t step up and take the job as the starter opposite Norman we have Dunny who is similar to Bree in a lot of ways - except experience - and has better hands than Bree.

8 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

John Sullivan just got PAID by the Rams. When we signed him 2 seasons ago,nobody wanted him. Just goes to show you that you never know what you may get with a late signing FA or a so called "washed up"player. There's someone out there we could get for cheap that could help the team.  Not sure who though...?

Wait what? I wanted Sullivan. He actually played better than Long when he got the chance, and we chose to keep going with Long because he was younger - I guess hard to argue with - but then we didn’t retain Long so losing both centers now looks bad.

Im hopefully that Roullier develops more and is good for us this year, he definitely showed he had the ability to be a long term starter last year.

There’s definitely people we can still get to fill the LG position. It’s going to be the weakest position on the OL along with center again, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be a bad starter. We just need to get a serviceable player to come in and play LG.

Wait what? I wanted Sullivan. He actually played better than Long when he got the chance, and we chose to keep going with Long because he was younger - I guess hard to argue with - but then we didn’t retain Long so losing both centers now looks bad.

Im hopefully that Roullier develops more and is good for us this year, he definitely showed he had the ability to be a long term starter last year.

There’s definitely people we can still get to fill the LG position. It’s going to be the weakest position on the OL along with center again, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be a bad starter. We just need to get a serviceable player to come in and play LG.

No teams wanted him two years ago. He was sitting on the FA market for months,we signed him for next to nothing.

14 hours ago, mar29020 said:

its the Redskins. this is why im bitter, because for atleast the next few years we have no REAL future with a 34 year old qb and a scrub as gm. we have no hope.

We don't know that. Alex Smith is actually in better shape than Kirk Cousins is despite Kirk being 4 years older than Kirk. Alex is one of the most in shape qbs in the NFL. There's no reason to believe he won't play as long as Tom Brady has. I certainly believe Alex is a driven human being, he wants to win a super bowl and wants to prove that him being taken #1 overall was not a mistake. He's been trying to prove the doubters wrong since draft day and will never stop.

Alex wants to be here, he wants to restore this franchise to greatness and will do everything in his power to make it happen. As a Redskins fan what more could you as for out of a qb than for him to give everything he has to bring you another super bowl? He wants what we want and I believe is willing to die on the field to give it to us.

Bruce Allen is Bruce Allen. He's not going away anytime soon IMO because Snyder likes Bruce, loved Bruce's father and Bruce takes heat off of Snyder if the team loses. Snyder wants Bruce to be his yes man because Bruce takes more of the blame and scrutiny for the team losing than Dan does and Dan wants it that way. If you're going to be a fan of the Redskins you're just going to have to live with Bruce and Dan for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

Its sad, but it is what it is. That's just the honest truth of our situation as Redskins fans.

I just pray they continue to mostly build through the draft and around Alex in that way for the next 3 to 5 years or longer. I hope it works at least to the point where we are consistently a playoff contender and maybe we get lucky one year and make a deep playoff run like the eagles did in 2017 and the giants did in 07 and 2011.

Archived