The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

4 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I don't think they have to give up Duke to make room for Barkley. He's more of a receiving option anyway, and the two could go together perfectly fine.

I highly doubt they're getting rid of him but if I was JRob I would call just to gauge if they would trade him, and how much it'd cost if they did.

Jarvis Landry being the new slot guy and potentially getting a three down back in Barkley, could diminish his role slightly.

Once again, I want to stress that I highly doubt they're going to trade him however.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I've got absolutely no interest in Hundley. He has spent years with McCarthy and has legitimately shown zero improvement.

Years? He's been there 2 seasons. Were you expecting All Pro from a 5th round QB?

We're talking about a back up here. I'll take Hundley. there's still potential there. Cassel couldn't throw a spiral anymore.

He wasn't great last year, but the Packers offense was awful as a whole. His youth gives me hope he can be a solid back up. Not to mention he's mobile enough to run what I expect to be a bootleg heavy offense. Much rather sling a sixth or seventh for him over any QB we could draft that late.

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Years? He's been there 2 seasons. Were you expecting All Pro from a 5th round QB?

He's been there three years. Under a supposed QB guru while watching one of the best quarterbacks in the history of football from the sidelines. And he was absolutely putrid last year. The numbers are bad, but the numbers don't even do justice to just how bad he looked. I'm surrounded by Packer fans, I watched plenty of him.

After hearing all the talk from local media that they'd be able to flip him into early picks because of how much he was supposed to have developed, I expected him to at least kind of look like an NFL quarterback. He was an outright disaster. He barely completed 60% of his passes and threw more interceptions than touchdowns in an offense so conservative it probably made Blake Bortles blush.

Beyond that, I have no idea why you'd prefer a guy who has looked terrible in limited NFL action over a rookie. At least there's real hope for the rookie. And, on the off and very unlikely chance Hundley ends up looking competent, he's also a free agent after this upcoming season.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

He's been there three years. Under a supposed QB guru while watching one of the best quarterbacks in the history of football from the sidelines. And he was absolutely putrid last year. The numbers are bad, but the numbers don't even do justice to just how bad he looked. I'm surrounded by Packer fans, I watched plenty of him.

After hearing all the talk from local media that they'd be able to flip him into early picks because of how much he was supposed to have developed, I expected him to at least kind of look like an NFL quarterback. He was an outright disaster. He barely completed 60% of his passes and threw more interceptions than touchdowns in an offense so conservative it probably made Blake Bortles blush.

Not saying I disagree about Hundley but the bolded is certainly debatable.

Archived