NFL Network's Odd Reaction to Saints @ Vikings

joru1000

1 hour ago, JMG5 said:

Vikings are super marketable now. They're the team of destiny. If I were the NFL, assuming the Vikings and Patriots make the Superbowl (which I think happens), I would roll with the Dynasty vs Destiny storyline.

Minnesota, with the journeyman miracle maker Case Keenum VS Patriots, the NFLs greatest dynasty.

Sounds like a good game to me.

Cowboys, Steelers, 49ers and Packers would like a word with you.

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Anyways I think the best bet is probably Minnesota vs New England for ratings. 

Two big markets. Two historic teams. One team that is probably the greatest franchise to NOT win a Super Bowl trying to get their first in their home stadium (a first) against the most formidable dynasty and coach and QB in history. On the other end Brady and Belichick trying to get a historic 6th and put distance between themselves and the field by beating a very strong defense and doing it as effectively the first away team in a Super Bowl. 

what about people that have had enough of the pats being in the game especially after the seattle loss to them.  There could be fans that never watched the last SB that will watch a Jags vs whoever SB. 

2 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what about people that have had enough of the pats being in the game especially after the seattle loss to them.  There could be fans that never watched the last SB that will watch a Jags vs whoever SB. 

There could be fans like that, but probably not in numbers that are significant in terms of viewership.

13 hours ago, joru1000 said:

Was just browsing the internet and mainstream sports stations seeing who's saying what about this crazy ending to the Saints / Vikings game. 

Fox was hyped and laughing about it. Showing replays, and talking about what a finish it was. ESPN was hyped and laughing about it and just enjoying it. Then I switched to NFL Network and they're honestly acting like it's a wake or something. Not a single mention of the Vikings winning, and entirely dedicating it to the Saints and how bad it is they lost, Marcus Williams, etc, etc. Like it's somber. 

Then I realized... neither Fox or ESPN have anything to do with this year's Super Bowl, but the NFL (Network) obviously does. It's pretty obvious they wanted the Saints to win. Brees/Brady is probably what they wanted because the casual fans who only tunes in for the Super Bowl will probably be more interested in the famous Drew Brees than Case Keenum or Nick Foles. While I understand it, I still think it's kind of disturbing. I expect the NFL Network to be the most unbiased of all the networks covering the league, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Honestly bothers me. Makes me wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes lol.

Its really simply, a Brady/Brees game = a monster huge national and international audience and that equates to bigger TV money in the future!!! If NE goes down in the Semi's, a Minny/Eagles vs the Jaguars and the NFL b could easily be looking at a 30 to 50% loss in its audience for the game and that could just spell disaster for immediate future revenue from TV. Except for local fans of these teams and a few diehearts, who really wants to watch a Bortles vs either Keenum or Foles??? Now there are names that can sell tickets and get the casual fan to turn on the game!Not!

Vikings playing at home for SB > Brady v Brees in terms of storyline. 

When I was watching Good Morning Football, they were having fun with it. Nothing somber about it, they played the reply over and over, set to multiple radio broadcasts of it...

Archived