7 Heaven: Keenum does the miraculous

Klomp

As soon as Keenum came up for air, he called his wife's cell phone. They laughed some and cried some and tried to make sense of this childhood dream that had just hit the QB like two tons of bricks.

"I think we were both still in shock when we talked," Kimberly said. "But it was pure joy, too. Football and sports and competing are everything to him, and he loves the moment. This will just continue to fuel the fire in him to become a better quarterback."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22102589/case-keenum-minnesota-vikings-get-magic-moment-been-waiting-win-new-orleans-saints

8 minutes ago, disaacs said:

You are not dreaming.  

I'd certainly like the be the cynical Viking fan that father time has turned all of us into, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to do anything but thoroughly enjoy the moment right now.

Since the conclusion of the wildcard round, I viewed our matchup as the de facto NFC Championship game. Short of being at home, I don't see how Philly moves the ball on us.

Before the play, I was thinking..."Well, they broke my heart again!  Typical Vikings."  But then Diggs caught the ball and ran into the end zone.  I was waiting for there to be something on the screen that indicated "flag on the play."  It didn't come.  Then as I watched the first replay I was wondering if there was any evidence that he stepped out of bounds.  There wasn't.  Then I just started laughing and laughing and laughing.  Then I had to text my son to be sure that he saw it also for proof that I wasn't hallucinating!  He saw it also!!

2018 marks my 50th year of being a Viking fan.  I have never experienced anything, in all that time, that remotely comes close to what I experienced last night.  Incredible!  Just incredible.

9 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Nope, with that INT and the end of the game TD, I still stand on: If we keep him, I'm fine. If we let him walk, I'm fine.

His INT could certainly be one the biggest drivers in terms of the momentum shift. He gave the Saints great field position to get within 1 score. We play it safe there and either drive the field or punt, maybe the defense would have been rested enough to get a stop.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

Well I mean... he didn't really play great.

Just curious....did Brees play great? Or good enough that you'd be comfortable with him as your QB? Both QBs finished 25-40, and Keenum had more passing yards. Brees threw two more TDs, but also had an extra interception.

Archived