Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

A great majority of the last few Super Bowl Winning coaches come from defensive backgrounds. 
I think I'd rather roll with a defensive guy  and those chances. 

I also think  (with no evidence) that defensive coaches aren't married to an offensive system so they'd be more willing to adjust and do whatever it takes to be successful.  An offensive guy will bring in his system and think it is the end all and be all. 

23 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

There's far more negative with McDaniels than positive in his resume, I'm not really sure how that's arguable.

Part of me wishes though that we pee in the Colts pool and start a real rivalry and steal him from them ?

My big thing going forward is get a guy who will be here in the long term and that finds an OC that will also stay here a little while that is best for Marcus and the rest of the offense

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I don't mind Vrabel.

It's just I don't know how to feel once he brings in Todd Haley as his OC.

Nooooooo. Where did you hear this?  Haley would be a terrible OC.  Please, god no.  Might as well have kept mularkey and robiskie if all they doing is bringing in Haley.

I didn't go into this search thinking I wanted a defensive minded head coach, but the more I research Wilks the more I want him. I just have a really good feeling about him and his ability to build a really solid staff. It's similar to how I felt about Zimmer when we ended up hiring Whisenhunt. I feel like he's a real leader, and as long as he can bring a solid OC in here that can build a solid system around Marcus I'm 100% on board with him. 

4 minutes ago, footlunder said:

Nooooooo. Where did you hear this?  Haley would be a terrible OC.  Please, god no.  Might as well have kept mularkey and robiskie if all they doing is bringing in Haley.

Really just a feeling.

Has a connection with Vrabel(coached him in KC) and is a veteran OC with previous HC experience to help out the new young HC(think Wade Phillips with Sean McVay).

I wouldn't be surprise if Vrabel calls him up. 

Just now, TitanSlim said:

Really just a feeling.

Has a connection with Vrabel(coached him in KC) and is a veteran OC with previous HC experience to help out the new young HC(think Wade Phillips with Sean McVay).

I wouldn't be surprise if Vrabel calls him up. 

I'm thinking he would try the QB coach in Houston now. Sean Ryan. He interviewed with the Browns for their OC spot. He wants to call plays. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I'm thinking he would try the QB coach in Houston now. Sean Ryan. He interviewed with the Browns for their OC spot. He wants to call plays. 

Sean Ryan is a name I brought up a couple weeks back as Robiskie's replacement. I know some won't like hiring a guy without playcalling experience, but I have no problem with it.

I'd rather go with a new young guy then a old retread coordinator. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

A great majority of the last few Super Bowl Winning coaches come from defensive backgrounds. 
I think I'd rather roll with a defensive guy  and those chances. 

I also think  (with no evidence) that defensive coaches aren't married to an offensive system so they'd be more willing to adjust and do whatever it takes to be successful.  An offensive guy will bring in his system and think it is the end all and be all. 

I never looked at it like that, but that makes so much sense.