what are we learning from the playoffs?

mar29020

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I learned that nick foles as a vet isn't bad and we should look into him if Kirk leaves .

I’m not opposed to it if Kirk is gone. Apparently Foles becomes a free agent if he’s still on the Eagles roster in February.

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not opposed to it if Kirk is gone. Apparently Foles becomes a free agent if he’s still on the Eagles roster in February.

Good arm has ok mobility and knows the division .

if he wins the SB I'm sure he'll command some money . 

On 1/21/2018 at 8:39 PM, turtle28 said:

That’s not true, it’s a media and fan created talking point. During the game the OC, DC, qb coach and position coaches go over the former plays on the Microsoft surface with their players. Former players say that most of the players go to the bathroom and eat something small at halftime. They get a speech from the Hc but there’s not time to go over a whole lot of adjustments. Gibbs usually made adjustments after a series and go talk to the players right then, not a halftime. I’ve seen our currebt coaches do the some.

Literally every player and coach I've ever heard disagrees with this statement. Tony Romo was talking about it at length last Sunday. All of Gibbs' former players talk about halftime adjustments. It's most definitely a thing.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

Literally every player and coach I've ever heard disagrees with this statement. Tony Romo was talking about it at length last Sunday. All of Gibbs' former players talk about halftime adjustments. It's most definitely a thing.

All I’m saying is that there isn’t much time to go over adjustments with the players. I’m sure coaches make them and then work on implementing them when they come out for the second half.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm pretty sure that's after this following season. Not the 2017 season. We have him for one more year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nick-foles-9898/

Lists him under contract for the 2018 season.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

All I’m saying is that there isn’t much time to go over adjustments with the players. I’m sure coaches make them and then work on implementing them when they come out for the second half.

The lack of time is what makes it so crucial to have coaches that are good at it. Any moron could make half time adjustments if they had an hour. Breaking it down with the unit/sub-unit takes experience and ability.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I think he's a career backup that is just on a hot streak right now.  

237fjj.jpg

He’s also got a boat load of talent surround him. 3 receivers and a TE who are having career years and one heck of a running game to go with one of the best defenses in the entire nfl.

Im not opposed to us signing him if Kirk is gone but as you said, he’s likely a back up so I wouldn’t even give him a deal like he got from St. Louis in 2015 after Chip Kelley traded him away for Sam Bradford.

59 minutes ago, Slateman said:

The lack of time is what makes it so crucial to have coaches that are good at it. Any moron could make half time adjustments if they had an hour. Breaking it down with the unit/sub-unit takes experience and ability.

How do you give all your players a thorough breakdown of all the adjustments in 10 minutes if half of them are taking a crap and half of them are getting treatment for some injury they came into the game with or an injury they may have sustained in the first half?

I think the coaches come up with some adjustments at half time that they’re going to do differently in terms of playcalling or what have you and they give the team a speech but I’d don’t think they get to go over a lot of stuff.

I think most of that coaching on changes is done from series to series when the position coaches and/or coordinators are talking to their guys about things and having them look at the surface pictures. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm pretty sure that's after this following season. Not the 2017 season. We have him for one more year.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/nick-foles-9898/

Lists him under contract for the 2018 season.

Your right, he’s become a free agent after next season. Sorry, I missed that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nick-foles-contract-would-make-him-a-free-agent-if-hes-on-the-eagles-in-february-2019/amp/

Nick Foles' contract would make him a free agent if he's on the Eagles in February 2019

Then this whole conversation is moot. I don’t think there’s any way that the Redskins front office would trade for Nick Foles. If Kirk is gone, they’ll likely draft someone in round 1 and roll with Colt Mccoy as their veteran competition for that rookie.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 8:07 PM, turtle28 said:

Obviously the Redskins should trade a 2nd & 3rd round pick to the Eagles for Nick Foles

Knowing what we know now ... that wouldn't be such a bad call now would it (no, I don't think the Eagles would do this deal)?

Archived