2017 Conference Championships

Leader

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

It pisses me off that we know we wouldn't use pass catching backs correctly lol

I agree.   Not sure if that is a MM issue or a Rodgers issue.   Likely some combination.   Just frustrating how other teams are able to isolate RB's in space on LB's and get seemingly easy yards to keep drives alive and pick up 1st downs.  NE is the prime example of this.   The NE vs SEA super Bowl, they used Vereen on swing and outlet passes repeatedly.  Now it is White and Lewis.

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How is McKinnon different/better than Aaron Jones or Montgomery?  Both Jones and Montgomery will cost GB a lot less in cap space than McKinnon will.

Resources need to be utilized in other places before another pass catching RB that the offense would under utilize anyway

Did you see the wonders the Pats offense does with pass catching RB's?  We can't count on Ty don't get me wrong I like him but he can't stay on the field. He's not used to getting hit by LB's and DT. He's used to getting hit by DB's. He just can't take the beating. I'm hoping mac is watching these post season games seeing how great a pass catching RB can be in an offense. Jones, McKinnon and Ty would kill it if mac would utilize them in that role.

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I agree.   Not sure if that is a MM issue or a Rodgers issue.   Likely some combination.   Just frustrating how other teams are able to isolate RB's in space on LB's and get seemingly easy yards to keep drives alive and pick up 1st downs.  NE is the prime example of this.   The NE vs SEA super Bowl, they used Vereen on swing and outlet passes repeatedly.  Now it is White and Lewis.

Seems like both. I really don't think Rodgers likes it either. IDK why or if Mike caters to it, he shouldn't of he does. It hurts us. 

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Did you see the wonders the Pats offense does with pass catching RB's?  We can't count on Ty don't get me wrong I like him but he can't stay on the field. He's not used to getting hit by LB's and DT. He's used to getting hit by DB's. He just can't take the beating. I'm hoping mac is watching these post season games seeing how great a pass catching RB can be in an offense. Jones, McKinnon and Ty would kill it if mac would utilize them in that role.

I really don't think this one falls all on Mac. Even though I know it's hard to blame someone as good as Aaron, just feels like he doesn't want to play that way. 

22 minutes ago, squire12 said:

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I think I stated this just above your post.   Yes....I see what NE has done and still does.  MM has seen NE do this to other teams.....see the NE vs SEA Super Bowl and Shane Vereen be used like White and Lewis are now.  

I wish MM would change, but it hasn't in the last several years, so I am not expecting it do any time soon.  

McCarthy has said various time in pressers over the yrs how he is "match-up" based in his scheme. It is what it is. He's not changing the offense and they're gonna run the same stuff next yr. There was some hope this offseason that maybe things would change but he put an end to that when he said that he'd still be calling the plays. Philbin returning at OC only cements that we'll see the same offense. This means GB is gonna need to find some better talent at WR/TE in FA and the draft or else we'll be seeing Rodgers having to scramble around to buy time for somebody to get open. Right now he has Davante and little else, though I do believe Jordy can still be effective in the slot(this means Cobb is cut and moves on)

Get better talent who can win their match-ups more often and things will run more smoothly. Let's pray that Aaron Jones improves in his blitz pickup because he's absolutely their most explosive RB and should be on the field most of the time/getting 15+ touches a game

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

McCarthy has said various time in pressers over the yrs how he is "match-up" based in his scheme. It is what it is. He's not changing the offense and they're gonna run the same stuff next yr. There was some hope this offseason that maybe things would change but he put an end to that when he said that he'd still be calling the plays. Philbin returning at OC only cements that we'll see the same offense. This means GB is gonna need to find some better talent at WR/TE in FA and the draft or else we'll be seeing Rodgers having to scramble around to buy time for somebody to get open. Right now he has Davante and little else, though I do believe Jordy can still be effective in the slot(this means Cobb is cut and moves on)

Get better talent who can win their match-ups more often and things will run more smoothly. Let's pray that Aaron Jones improves in his blitz pickup because he's absolutely their most explosive RB and should be on the field most of the time/getting 15+ touches a game

I agree completely.  

20 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I don't worry about our offense under MM as long as #12 is running it.  I'm hoping Pettine will get this defense playing better.  We don't need a top 5 D either.

The offense will be fine with Rodgers and his ability to create, though he'll continue to be more susceptible to big hits. That's the trade off we'll see with this offense

In the end though, it'll come down to defensive improvement. If GB wants to get another SB, the defense simply has to be better...a lot better

Archived