2017 Conference Championships

Leader

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yep .. the loss to Seattle in the championship game and the loss to Denver in the Super Bowl are the two that will probably stick with me forever. 

I’ll never forget that Seattle meltdown. Was getting giddy the more that second half progressed but still tried to stay somewhat calm knowing it was Seattle and the bull**** that they’ve pulled off. 

Fast forward to that final play in OT as Wilson let the ball fly and I just sank to the couch. Had no real reaction as the pass was caught in the end zone. Don’t even remember how long I sat there, watched the Seahawks celebration emotionless. 

Just a soul crushing loss. Was miserable for at least the next few days. They ******* HAD that game. 

7 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Can we stop wishing our GM was more like the Vikings GM now?  Their #1 defense had a Dom Capers like collapse.  I don't want to be like the Vikings at all!!

They had a Dom Capers like collapse last week as well. They gave up 24 points over the final 16 minutes of the game and should have lost. 

7 hours ago, St Vince said:

I'd love to poach McKinnon from the Vikings he'd be a great weapon for Rodgers, he's what I hoped Ty would be. Ty can't stay healthy but McKinnon never gets hurt he knows how to avoid big hits, very slippery back with great hands and Yac, perfect weapon for this offense.

How many times I gotta go over the fact that this offense does not use the RB in the passing game?  Apparently at least one more time because no, McKinnon would not be a perfect weapon for this offense.  He'd be an underutilized weapon for this offense.  Even when Rodgers isn't playing, this is a poor offense for a receiving back.  Williams had 7 catches against the Browns this year.  He had 3 over the next three games to close out the season.  0 receptions when Rodgers came back the week after Cleveland. 

Montgomery had 8 receptions against the Bengals.  He had five receptions in the next 6 games he played in, which happened to be the rest of his season.

Our running backs already have the ability to catch the ball.  They've proven that on numerous occasions.  We don't use them for that, and we won't use them for that, and you can go back through the entire time McCarthy has been here and you will see that the Packers have been, were and will be one of  the bottom-ranked teams in terms of throwing to the backs. 

Literally a receiver converted to RB didn't change that, and neither will McKinnon. 

9 hours ago, St Vince said:

True, I'm still just baffled how bad that defense played with that much talent, not the outcome I expected.

Points given up by Zimmer coached defenses in his last 6 post season games: 24, 31, 19, 27, 24, 38. This includes playoff losses to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates and now Nick Foles.

Just now, Chinaski_86 said:

Points given up by Zimmer coached defenses in his last 6 post season games: 24, 31, 19, 27, 24, 38. This includes playoff losses to Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates and now Nick Foles.

And we got our pitchforks and torches for giving up large point totals to Kaepernick, Manning, Ryan and Warner.  Two of which are definite Hall of Fame quarterbacks, one of which is likely heading there.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How many times I gotta go over the fact that this offense does not use the RB in the passing game?  Apparently at least one more time because no, McKinnon would not be a perfect weapon for this offense.  He'd be an underutilized weapon for this offense.  Even when Rodgers isn't playing, this is a poor offense for a receiving back.  Williams had 7 catches against the Browns this year.  He had 3 over the next three games to close out the season.  0 receptions when Rodgers came back the week after Cleveland. 

Montgomery had 8 receptions against the Bengals.  He had five receptions in the next 6 games he played in, which happened to be the rest of his season.

Our running backs already have the ability to catch the ball.  They've proven that on numerous occasions.  We don't use them for that, and we won't use them for that, and you can go back through the entire time McCarthy has been here and you will see that the Packers have been, were and will be one of  the bottom-ranked teams in terms of throwing to the backs. 

Literally a receiver converted to RB didn't change that, and neither will McKinnon. 

Yeah all you say is true but I can only dream the light switch will flip on in Mac head that utilizing RB's in the passing game would make his offense more lethal and protect Rodgers from taking more hits.

7 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Yeah all you say is true but I can only dream the light switch will flip on in Mac head that utilizing RB's in the passing game would make his offense more lethal and protect Rodgers from taking more hits.

Of course it would, but after however many seasons it's been, I don't think it's a rational thing to hope for.  McCarthy is as stubborn as a particularly stubborn mule, and so is Rodgers.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

And we got our pitchforks and torches for giving up large point totals to Kaepernick, Manning, Ryan and Warner.  Two of which are definite Hall of Fame quarterbacks, one of which is likely heading there.

Let's be honest we had our pitchforks because Doms been bad for a long time. Mediocre and bad Qb's also did good against him. He made Dalton and freaking Kiser look good. We needed overtime to beat both and one involved Rodgers 

32 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Let's be honest we had our pitchforks because Doms been bad for a long time. Mediocre and bad Qb's also did good against him. He made Dalton and freaking Kiser look good. We needed overtime to beat both and one involved Rodgers 

And yet, he's had the odd miraculously-good game against great QBs like Brady.

Still a huge net loss, though.

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

and we keep coming back each year. Not sure if that's loyalty or stupidity :$

Both, which is a key ingredient to being a sports fanxD. Props to you for popping into the GB forum after that game though. IDK if you are a masochist or what but...

giphy.gif

Archived