Draft Prospects Packers Are Linked to (Gutey Edition)

Packerraymond

Just now, Bulbouswhore said:

The man can bench press Julio Jones 7 times.  His strength is more than adequate.   It’s the 29.5” arms that the packers need to weigh against his 4.3 speed

I've yet to see a guy succeed in the NFL who couldn't bench more than 9 reps. Just sayin'.

I do like your handle though lol. Ballsaresore could've been another option. :D

10 minutes ago, Joe said:

I would assume that as well. Problem is that he's not playing against college receivers, he's playing against NFL receivers who will EAT. HIS. LUNCH. if he can't man up against them. 7 reps at the combine suggests he can't.

All due respect.......upper body strength is important / comes in handy - but CBs and WRs arent engaged in a SumoWrestling match as they run around the field. I couldnt tell you the last CB I saw hit a WR coming off the LOS as if he was blocking him. The ability and technique to route a WR to a side or hand check them doesnt require great strength or huge biceps.

Not saying anything about Jackson's game - cause I've not watched enough of him to make such an evaluation and I've read that man/man might post problems - but I dont think it because he cant pound out huge numbers of bench presses. Just an opinion.  

23 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Tremaine Edmunds is 7/30.

saw this blurb today in JSO

"An NFL source confirmed his visit ( Vea) , one of 30 the Packers are allowed under NFL rules (not counting those in which the player attended a nearby college or grew up within the Green Bay area)."

What's the rule on "nearby colleges" ?

Does that mean Badgers don't count ? Is there some sort of radius, like within 100 miles ?

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

saw this blurb today in JSO

"An NFL source confirmed his visit ( Vea) , one of 30 the Packers are allowed under NFL rules (not counting those in which the player attended a nearby college or grew up within the Green Bay area)."

What's the rule on "nearby colleges" ?

Does that mean Badgers don't count ? Is there some sort of radius, like within 100 miles ?

I'm assuming the Badgers count. I would think all power 5 schools do. Otherwise the Rams would have an unfair advantage being able to use free visits on all the USC/UCLA kids. 

I think they more mean the small, local colleges like UW-Oshkosh, Stevens Point, Whitewater etc... 

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Donnerson seems like an interesting guy. If he can get some legit coaching, he could be a massive diamond in the rough...

Kendall Donnerson (Senior. S.E. Missouri State) 6'2", 250 lb, 4.44 40 time, 40" vertical, 10'11" long jump, 7.03 3 cone. Decent production - Had 6 sacks and 13.5 TFL in his senior year. Played in a 3-4 system as well. Sounds like a typical candidate for a late take-a-chance-on-athleticism pick. Those workout numbers are exceptional.

Here he is (no.81)

2017SpringGame.jpg

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Kendall Donnerson (Senior. S.E. Missouri State) 6'2", 250 lb, 4.44 40 time, 40" vertical, 10'11" long jump, 7.03 3 cone. Decent production - Had 6 sacks and 13.5 TFL in his senior year. Played in a 3-4 system as well. Sounds like a typical candidate for a late take-a-chance-on-athleticism pick. Those workout numbers are exceptional.

Here he is (no.81)

2017SpringGame.jpg

Exactly. From what I've read on him, he has the physical traits but needs to be coached up. Apparently SEMO's staff didn't do a particularly good job on that. I have him penciled in as a 6th right now.

13 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Here he is (no.81)

2017SpringGame.jpg

Anyone have an idea of arm length? That’s huge for OLB, especially if there only 6’2”

21 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Anyone have an idea of arm length? That’s huge for OLB, especially if there only 6’2”

You'll rarely get that out of a small school kid with no Combine, usually takes a beat writer to do a column and get the official info from the school or a scout contact. If we sign/draft him we might know.

20 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Two edged sword. Has all the measurables and some ball skills, but struggles mentally with the game. Think he's worth it though if he can clean up some of his weaknesses.

15 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

At least he has arms. I posted Dean Lowry's spidergraph on another site and a commenter suggested that he might not have had any arms at all.

[Edit] Not as funny if the spidergraph won't embed.

<iframe src="https://www.mockdraftable.com/embed/dean-lowry?position=DE&page=GRAPH" width="480" height="651" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Archived