NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

really? Seattle's OL was atrocious, the Vikings is just below average. The Vikings have arguably the best all around group of skill players on offense, definitely better than Seattle. 

Oh, and there is still room to get a Barr deal done. 

???? oh goodnight. The best player on the MN ol last year retired. They're JUST as bad as Seattles.. the only average-above average player is Elflein. Reiff is god awful in pro. Remmers isn't a good tackle. He'll do fine as a guard. And then there's young guys you *hope* emerge at the other G and RT spot. As long as Reiff is your starting LT and you have hopes and prayers on the other side.. it's atrocious.

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

mmmk. Glad to see objective folks are still hanging around.

Just stay in the most objective forum. The Minnesota Vikings forum. They even have a thread dedicated to our team so you don't even need to come here!!!

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

"Stay on your side of the internet!" Very mature. 

Talk to you later (or not?). Good luck this season.

If you're going to whine, sure. Your fans are no more objective. Not sure what you expected in here 

I do disagree with him about the OL. IDK what you'll do at rt but I think reiff can be serviceable enough and an Easton Elflein Remmers interior can be okay. It's just all so very average at best outside of Elfleins potential. 

Anyways, I do not wish you good luck. Cya

I wasn't talking about the Vikings fan base, or even users on this site in general. I was clearly responding to a specific poster. I like talking to rival fans, and welcome a reasonable conversation. Anyhow, I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Sorry that my mere presence has been so offensive.

That was my point - that the Vikings offensive line is average to below average. Somewhere around 20th in the league? What Seattle did to Russell Wilson is borderline unforgivable. 

I no longer wish you good luck either, and wish to retract my previous statement.

56 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I wasn't talking about the Vikings fan base, or even users on this site in general. I was clearly responding to a specific poster. I like talking to rival fans, and welcome a reasonable conversation. Anyhow, I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. Sorry that my mere presence has been so offensive.

That was my point - that the Vikings offensive line is average to below average. Somewhere around 20th in the league? What Seattle did to Russell Wilson is borderline unforgivable. 

I no longer wish you good luck either, and wish to retract my previous statement.

Chill out. Dont let anybody get under your skin. You want to talk NFC North football -- GB/MN football - and you've got a good take - say it and dont sweat it. Sure some people will probably bust on you - but so long at your not just trolling, others will take up your discussion points and see where they lead.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Chill out. Dont let anybody get under your skin. You want to talk NFC North football -- GB/MN football - and you've got a good take - say it and dont sweat it. Sure some people will probably bust on you - but so long at your not just trolling, others will take up your discussion points and see where they lead.

I wasn't very nice lol. But when you venture into another rivals forum and then complain you don't get the answer you wanted, I mean what do ya expect right? lol. Hell  I even agreed with his take. But that's not going to always be the case.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Norm said:

I wasn't very nice lol. But when you venture into another rivals forum and then complain you don't get the answer you wanted, I mean what do ya expect right? lol. Hell  I even agreed with his take. But that's not going to always be the case.

Obviously not. Heres where I come from - in a different context - baseball.

Yankees / Red Sox. Theres probably not a hotter rivalry around - certainly not to either fan bases - and I've talked baseball with Red Sox fans for some time. Usually starts out: "Your SS s***s" - "Yeah well, your ________ stinks" - but what I've found is that once you're past the preliminaries, what you find - sometimes not always - is a shared passion for the game and your team  -  which is the foundation for a good, insightful and potentially informative conversation. Sure you always end things with: "Yeah well you SS still s***s" and "Your ______ still stinks" - but those are usually punchlines by that time.

In other words - I've no hassle talking with the fan of any other team here - so long as they recognize we're gonna kick their *** :)

Over at the MLB threads fans of all different teams swap insights and opinions.....and nobody seems to get their nose bent out shape.

Tell ya a funny story: Invited to a Yankee/RedSox spring training game - at the Yankees home field in Tampa. Got seated - with those I came with were all seated to my left. During the game I overhead the guy seated to my right talking on his cell - Red Sox talk. So when it was clear he'd hung up - I leaned over and said "You're not actually a RS fan are you?" - jokingly sarcastic - and we got into it - all friendly all fun and funny - just running each others teams down - while watching the live ball game. And - the game being in Tampa - you gotta know there was a group of Rays fans there - so we included them in the repartee - and soon the entire group / the better part of a section - all strangers - was joking around and enjoying each others company. The constant: our collective passion for our teams and ability to treat each other with civility and good humor. Dont know any of them - didnt get names and number - but I remember the day and them.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Sorry, friendly sarcasm doesn't come across very well. When I said I don't wish you good luck anymore I was kidding. 

I honestly think that the division is going to come down to health this year, but think that the Vikings are set up for long term success because of pretty good drafting and brilliant cap management. The Diggs contract is a bargain IMO compared to other receivers and the cap percentage that they use.

4 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Sorry, friendly sarcasm doesn't come across very well. When I said I don't wish you good luck anymore I was kidding. 

I honestly think that the division is going to come down to health this year, but think that the Vikings are set up for long term success because of pretty good drafting and brilliant cap management. The Diggs contract is a bargain IMO compared to other receivers and the cap percentage that they use.

I was joking around too. Though truthfully, nobody really actually does mean it lol. Not with rivals and I'm the the farthest thing from a rivalry dude.

Vikings are certainly a threat. No doubt.