NFL News & Notes

Leader

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean you think the Steelers felt good about Dionte Johnson and Chase Claypool showing leadership? 

Having met Watson at TC, I see can why the Packers would love him, beyond his combine results. Great dude. He's "Packer People" and then some. Just hope he has that alpha personality on the field that Pickens appears to have.

Long ways to go, but I’m very ready for Watson to get on his developmental track. There is probably room to get him on the field in some quick hitters and jet motions even if his learning curve is steep for the more complex parts of this offense.

One thing with Pit, they sure have a great track record for developing WRs and sure don’t obsess about character flags. Pickens looks like a natural talent for them. 

Edited by Refugee

8 hours ago, Refugee said:

One thing with Pit, they sure have a great track record for developing WRs and sure don’t obsess about character flags. Pickens looks like a natural talent for them. 

I tried to tell you all during the draft buildup. This guy catches passes.
Unfortunately (apparently...) he's an ***hole, but he just catches passes.

55 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

@packfanfb This seems a bit like coveting your neighbours wife.

Packers did have a shot for Karlaftis (two shots actually), so those that like post draft comparisons will always stack him against Walker and Wyatt.

Not coveting, I like Walker and Wyatt. If anything, still surprises me though that they passed on Karlaftis given his age and measureables. Seemed like a Gute guy whereas Wyatt was a curveball given his age and Walker was somewhat of a surprise too given his position. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Not coveting, I like Walker and Wyatt. If anything, still surprises me though that they passed on Karlaftis given his age and measureables. Seemed like a Gute guy whereas Wyatt was a curveball given his age and Walker was somewhat of a surprise too given his position. 

There might not have been a player I wanted quite as much as Karlaftis. Looking at him play against NFL players, he's big, fast and relentless. 

I do worry that Edge will be an Achilles heel for us this season, hopefully Tipa or someone can prove to be worthy of snaps.

Danny Davis had 2 catches for 45 yards and a TD where he didn't push off so he's better than Pickens.

Yeah. About 50 weeks too early for the "I'm better than Gute" talk

Also I see no mention of Pierce since he only had 2 for 27

Edited by cannondale

8 minutes ago, Sandy said:

There might not have been a player I wanted quite as much as Karlaftis. Looking at him play against NFL players, he's big, fast and relentless. 

I do worry that Edge will be an Achilles heel for us this season, hopefully Tipa or someone can prove to be worthy of snaps.

I'm not a Tipa guy at all. Don't get the love affair with that guy. If I had to go with 2 guys on the roster right now for 3 and 4, it would be Hamilton and Enagbare. Garvin would be 5. I think Tipa has played more Specials though so that'll probably get him on the roster assuming his injury Friday was minor. If he's out a few weeks, he's probably done.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not a Tipa guy at all. Don't get the love affair with that guy. If I had to go with 2 guys on the roster right now for 3 and 4, it would be Hamilton and Enagbare. Garvin would be 5. I think Tipa has played more Specials though so that'll probably get him on the roster assuming his injury Friday was minor. If he's out a few weeks, he's probably done.

Galeai has a different skill set with his quickness, coverage and ST. Like you said, I don’t know if he’s versatile enough to leave on the field outside of very specific packages because he won’t hold up setting an edge. 

Engabare impressed me. Looked strong for a rookie and got through for some good pressures. Also was not fast enough to close the gap a few times so that matches his scouting report. If he’s a tick faster, he goes a few rounds earlier. Hoping we have something to work with there.