NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Cowboys had 14 penalties for 89 yards in playoff loss to 49ers last year. They had 17 penalties for 129 yards last week against against Broncos. Can they go for 20 this week?

They'll get that cleaned up man

17 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

2nd round pick for the Eagles in 2019. 7 slots before DK Metcalf, 9 before Diontae Johnson.  Drafting WRs is hard (a thing the Eagles will also have learned from picking Jaelen Raegor 1 slot before Justin Jefferson.)

Woof. About a full round before Terry McLaurin too.

Panthers center Bradley Bozeman carted off the field today. That is at least 4 centers who have gone down so far in camp. Don't know how bad his injury is but the other three appear done for the season. Jensen in Tampa, two in Cleveland and Bozeman. There maybe one or two I'm missing.

Tough early start for centers. Hanson might find a spot in this league by default. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Panthers center Bradley Bozeman carted off the field today. That is at least 4 centers who have gone down so far in camp. Don't know how bad his injury is but the other three appear done for the season. Jensen in Tampa, two in Cleveland and Bozeman. There maybe one or two I'm missing.

Tough early start for centers. Hanson might find a spot in this league by default. 

Your endless moonwalking is hilarious. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Hanson might find a spot in this league by default. 

Someone's going to sign NFLPA president and quality NFL Center JC Tretter before they go after Hanson.  Some coach is going to be able to convince their owner to bite the bullet and sign the fierce advocate for labor who is good at football because we don't have a center.

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

He's not NFL quality! NO moonwalking, tapdancing or anything else you'd like to refer to. He was barely a speed bump last week. 

Well i certainly wouldnt go that far. He's undersized for sure as a guard and his doubles dont pack any punch but he's got some moves and he gets on the 2nd level quick. Plus he seems to die slowly. Someone can make that work at C. Feel like itd be someone who wants to toss the ball around the yard all day unlike the packers... But still.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Well i certainly wouldnt go that far. He's undersized for sure as a guard and his doubles dont pack any punch but he's got some moves and he gets on the 2nd level quick. Plus he seems to die slowly. Someone can make that work at C. Feel like itd be someone who wants to toss the ball around the yard all day unlike the packers... But still.

I'm no expert but when a see a guy who is always being pushed and thrown around, I have doubts. I don't see him as a guy I'd ever want to play a down for us. 

Edited by Old Guy

Ian Rapoport -  Chargers S Derwin James is signing a 4-year extension averaging $19.1M per year making him the highest paid Safety in NFL history. The deal includes a record-breaking $42M guaranteed. James makes a record $29M in year 1

• Like 1

Field Yates -   Not a bad run of first round picks for the Chargers between 2016-2021 which includes:

QB Justin Herbert: OROY, Pro Bowler

DE Joey Bosa: 4X Pro Bowler

S Derwin James: 2X All Pro

LT Rashawn Slater: All Pro as a rookie

WR Mike Williams: 2 1,000+ yard seasons already

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport -  Chargers S Derwin James is signing a 4-year extension averaging $19.1M per year making him the highest paid Safety in NFL history. The deal includes a record-breaking $42M guaranteed. James makes a record $29M in year 1

An inspiration to guys named Derwin everywhere. You can still make it despite a name that probably got you bullied for the first 15 years of your life, until you started hitting back.