NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -  Two former Packers draft picks - Kingsley Keke & Kamal Martin, were both released ahead of this weeks' roster cut downs from 90 to 85. Not by the Packers, of course. The Cardinals and Panthers, respectively.

I thought the Texans picked up Keke? 

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You thought right.  They waived him on May 3rd.  He signed with Arizona on May 12.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kingsley-keke-29198/transactions/

He looked like he had some ability. He must have been a complete headcase. He was cut here in an unexpected fashion. Never quite heard what happened but thought it had something to do with Kenny Clark. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'm not a Tipa guy at all. Don't get the love affair with that guy. If I had to go with 2 guys on the roster right now for 3 and 4, it would be Hamilton and Enagbare. Garvin would be 5. I think Tipa has played more Specials though so that'll probably get him on the roster assuming his injury Friday was minor. If he's out a few weeks, he's probably done.

For me it's more the lack of belief in the others. I have low expectations for Garvin in particular.

54 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

2nd round pick for the Eagles in 2019. 7 slots before DK Metcalf, 9 before Diontae Johnson.  Drafting WRs is hard (a thing the Eagles will also have learned from picking Jaelen Raegor 1 slot before Justin Jefferson.)

Interesting because this move might also give Raegor a roster spot this season. He was no guarantee to make the roster, still may not be.  

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Interesting because this move might also give Raegor a roster spot this season. He was no guarantee to make the roster, still may not be.  

The Eagles spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR in the last four drafts, and grading one of them as a "hit" involved giving AJ Brown a huge contract.

10 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Eagles spent a 1st or 2nd round pick on a WR in the last four drafts, and grading one of them as a "hit" involved giving AJ Brown a huge contract.

I think Devonte Smith from Alabama is pretty good. I expect a second-year leap from him assuming his QB continues to grow. Had a very nice rookie year. 

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Oh, the memories of so many GB fan draft crushes for Raegor.  He was definitely the "we need a smaller speed guy!" in that draft.

Cobb being a pretty good pick completely bamboozled Packers fans into thinking they were going to go back to that "we need a slot guy" smaller guy well repeatedly.  Particularly when me made the switch to LaFleur so no the number of "WRs who don't block" roster spots was limited.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Oh, the memories of so many GB fan draft crushes for Raegor.  He was definitely the "we need a smaller speed guy!" in that draft.

I kind of liked Reagor, but I'm amazed he went ahead of Jefferson. Ouch. That's like taking Kevin King over T.J. Watt.

• Like 2