NFL News & Notes

Leader

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

"Buckle up Houston, we don't like this QB class outside of Bryce Young, so we're going to suck major *** next year, but if we suck enough, it will bring us Caleb Williams."

And then they win or tie the last game and lose out on the #1 pick again.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's been refiled......

Woody weighs in.

Okay. It was definitely the right decision to move on (wrong timing though, as I'm on the record multiple times saying), but man, it looks weird to see him in a different team's gear. Moreso than Farva did. 

Edited by Smidgeon

2 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

Okay. It was definitely the right decision to move on (wrong timing though, as I'm on the record multiple times saying), but man, it looks weird to see him in a different team's gear. Moreso than Farva did. 

Meh. It is what it is.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

He's been refiled......

Woody weighs in.

Good luck old bird, wishing you all the best in NY. Would love to see then beat up on NE and Miami, the Bills will be a tall task that's for sure. If his Oline protects him he may have a fine season. Looks genuinely happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah, dude looks happy.  Also looks like everyone around him was thrilled to see him.  

Happy for him.  Hope he plays in at least 11.5 games!

I hope he has a top 10 season of all time.  And I hope the Jets lose all of the games like 56-48.

1 hour ago, Smidgeon said:

Yeah this one is weird since I grew up with him as our backup and became an adult in his early years.  I'm in my 30's now. As much as I wanted a trade there's a weight in my chest watching this.

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

Yeah this one is weird since I grew up with him as our backup and became an adult in his early years.  I'm in my 30's now. As much as I wanted a trade there's a weight in my chest watching this.

I had that when we traded Favre.  It goes away pretty quick.  When Rodgers comes back (HOF), you will be filled with admiration again.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

Mich like the Favre situation,  it feels a little weird but also it's clear that it's time - both 12 and 4 had accomplished all they were going to in GB, definitely time to turn the page

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Mich like the Favre situation,  it feels a little weird but also it's clear that it's time - both 12 and 4 had accomplished all they were going to in GB, definitely time to turn the page

This one is much more amicable and I believe Rodgers to be the better quality of human even if he is smarter than everyone else.  WE traded Favre for a 3rd with the potential to become a first if they made the playoffs.  He had a great start and they probably would have gone but he got injured and had to keep his Iron Man streak going so killed their playoff chances playing hurt.  This situation was wrapped up before the draft and with much better capital, it's up to Gute to turn that into a winning team.