NFL News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Total head case .. good player for a year for GB and 1st part of last season for Vikings and then disappeared.  Have a beer and forget about it.

They can just say the same **** about Becton?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

They can just say the same **** about Becton?

Right. When it comes from another team it is the organization, when the Packers are involved, it was the player. Fans will do the fan thing and spin the **** out of everything.   

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Z and Martellus Bennett.  But Bennett also claimed we were a racist organization as well, because, well he is Martellus Bennett.  

Well, they did draft a white guy in the 1st round so that is a racist act regardless of how talented he is. According to some anyways.  

44 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Total head case .. good player for a year for GB and 1st part of last season for Vikings and then disappeared.  Have a beer and forget about it.

13.5 sacks in 2019.  55 tackles.  37 QB hits.  17 TFL.

12.5 sacks in 2020.  52 tackles.  23 QB hits.  12 TFL.

Nothing in 2021 due to injury.

Z had a great 2 year run in GB.  Man, really wish that back hadn't become an issue.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, R T said:

Well, they did draft a white guy in the 1st round so that is a racist act regardless of how talented he is. According to some anyways.  

Weren't 3 of our first 4 draft picks white this year?

I'm not sure how that shakes out, but I wonder if that has been done much in the last decade or so.

Not saying it makes GB racist....am saying I don't feel like that happens too much in the NFL draft.  

47 minutes ago, R T said:

Right. When it comes from another team it is the organization, when the Packers are involved, it was the player. Fans will do the fan thing and spin the **** out of everything.   

Right .That's all I was getting at. Don't write off a guy who played for us saying the same thing then take their guy's word as the gospel truth just to laugh at their franchise because it's the cool thing to do right now without any real information on it. 

It's not a big deal, it just bugged me a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Z definitely had thin skin and felt the organization didn’t honor him when he hurt himself. The trouble is, supposedly it was an offseason weight lifting injury and they wanted a second opinion since it didn’t happen “in house”. I guess that and his teammates not voting him captain stung a bit.

Still, don’t sell him short. He did bring a culture shift in defense to where we started really bringing it to the opponent. This was for 2 seasons, not 1. That game he had @Min was completely dominant. Out side of Reggie and CWood, I don’t think I remember a defensive player in the Green and Gold absolutely taking over a game like that (shout out to JA picking Brady apart but we lost that one). 

*didn’t see Vegas’ post saying basically the same thing in fewer words. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Weren't 3 of our first 4 draft picks white this year?

I'm not sure how that shakes out, but I wonder if that has been done much in the last decade or so.

Not saying it makes GB racist....am saying I don't feel like that happens too much in the NFL draft.  

Hasn't happened in GB, that is for sure.  Our previous 3 first round Caucasians were:

2020 - half of Jordan Love

2018 - half of Jaire Alexander

2010 - Bryan Bulaga, Iowa 

We did go 3/5 on whitey in 06 with Hawk, Colledge, Jennings, Abdul Hodge (do *** still think he is better than Nick Barnett?), and Jason Spitz.

14 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Z definitely had thin skin and felt the organization didn’t honor him when he hurt himself. The trouble is, supposedly it was an offseason weight lifting injury and they wanted a second opinion since it didn’t happen “in house”. I guess that and his teammates not voting him captain stung a bit.

Still, don’t sell him short. He did bring a culture shift in defense to where we started really bringing it to the opponent. This was for 2 seasons, not 1. That game he had @Min was completely dominant. Out side of Reggie and CWood, I don’t think I remember a defensive player in the Green and Gold absolutely taking over a game like that (shout out to JA picking Brady apart but we lost that one). 

*didn’t see Vegas’ post saying basically the same thing in fewer words. 

No worries from me.

But now I'm interested in guys that have been dominating for GB, like Reggie, Woodson and to some extent, Z.

On defense as a guy brought in as a free agent.

I got nothing except for Campbell.  Having him in the middle made an enormous difference.  It was very noticeable last year when he wasn't in there.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No worries from me.

But now I'm interested in guys that have been dominating for GB, like Reggie, Woodson and to some extent, Z.

On defense as a guy brought in as a free agent.

I got nothing except for Campbell.  Having him in the middle made an enormous difference.  It was very noticeable last year when he wasn't in there.

Not on the level of the guys you mentioned, but Julius Peppers played some good football for us and seemed like an important part of the locker room. Just wish he hadn't told Burnett to slide.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Norm said:

Right .That's all I was getting at. Don't write off a guy who played for us saying the same thing then take their guy's word as the gospel truth just to laugh at their franchise because it's the cool thing to do right now without any real information on it. 

It's not a big deal, it just bugged me a bit.

Did you read the article? Becton was told to play and the coaches didn’t give a flip. 

Z’s issues were money, not getting captain, etc. also to my knowledge becton isn’t on social getting captain chains and doing that nonsense.

Also Cobb himself called coming back to GB like getting out of prison. Greg Jennings himself has also stated publicly that he was upset with GB because he had it good here. When he got to Minn, he was happier because they have great facilities etc… but he has said GB is just different.

So yes I can look at multiple touch points and read tea leaves. Also I would imagine this is why Matt’s brother and his staff got fired on offense because they are doing this stuff.

GB isnt perfect and the biggest issue seems to be how heartless the front office is… not how the coaching staff and training staff put players at risk…

24 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Not on the level of the guys you mentioned, but Julius Peppers played some good football for us and seemed like an important part of the locker room. Just wish he hadn't told Burnett to slide.

Pep definitely had freakish ability and the gravitas to be a soft spoken leader. That Seattle collapse was the year we had the offense and defense to go all the way, made the complete circus of horrors and series unfortunate events sting even more. Under no circumstances would I ever watch a replay of that game. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

For sure!