NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't think I would want to sign on to be part of that Patriots offense.  if Rodgers didn't like the options he had last year, I don't see why he'd be happy with the Pats.

Since like the only offensive position you'd say the Pats are clearly better than the Packers is probably TE (since our guys are rooks) and maybe 1 or 2 OL.

Yeah the Jets clearly have the better surrounding roster. Rodgers might win a SB this year just because he's super motivated (for all the wrong reasons).

34 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Yeah the Jets clearly have the better surrounding roster. Rodgers might win a SB this year just because he's super motivated (for all the wrong reasons).

I don't see a way the Jets win a ring, TBH.  I'll take the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals as clearly better teams and the Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Ravens, and Browns are in the same tier as the Jets.  A couple of these teams are missing the playoffs.

Like Rodgers could play his career best, and they'd still be a 5 seed.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I don't see a way the Jets win a ring, TBH.  I'll take the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals as clearly better teams and the Chargers, Dolphins, Jags, Ravens, and Browns are in the same tier as the Jets.  A couple of these teams are missing the playoffs.

The AFC is stacked but I believe that’s a bit strong. If AR has a career best year with what their defense should be under Saleh, that will be a heavyweight team. Going to be a tough road but they might put it together.  Hope they are contenders for the first 11 then it all falls apart but I won’t be mad if AR and Hackett have some redemption and we get a frp. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 11:18 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

Don't sleep on Jacksonville. 

On 6/17/2023 at 11:18 PM, PossibleCabbage said:

If Rodgers plays at a career high level 2023, the Jets will be the #1 seed.  I'd take peak form Rodgers over peak form anyone else 10 times out of 10.

That being said, without the mobility and throws on the move that used to make him so unstoppable, I can't imagine how 2023 could result in a career best season for him.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Rodgers plays at a career high level 2023, the Jets will be the #1 seed.  I'd take peak form Rodgers over peak form anyone else 10 times out of 10.

That being said, without the mobility and throws on the move that used to make him so unstoppable, I can't imagine how 2023 could result in a career best season for him.

At his peak, he was still mostly running the offense as it was designed. He will not do that any longer because he is clearly smarter than everyone else. There is ZERO chance you are getting close to 'peak,' Rodgers for that reason alone.

Even without the declines you alluded to already. 

Edited by Old Guy

21 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Tyreek Hill being investigated for assault and battery. Incident took place on June 18.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtEUrPwN7T07960NhyfqB

At least this time it was a man.  He is really stepping up his game.  Soon, he will fight someone that knows they are also fighting!

• Like 3

On 6/21/2023 at 5:38 PM, Brat&Beer said:

Tyreek Hill being investigated for assault and battery. Incident took place on June 18.  

I'll start out by saying I hope, they find out he didn't do it or it was self-defense. However, given his past, it wouldn't surprise me if he did assault somebody and gets a nice suspension for it. 

It really reinforces the thought you don't trade for guys with serious character issues. Yes, breaking your very young son's arm (which was alleged) is a serious character issue. 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'll start out by saying I hope, they find out he didn't do it or it was self-defense. However, given his past, it wouldn't surprise me if he did assault somebody and gets a nice suspension for it. 

It really reinforces the thought you don't trade for guys with serious character issues. Yes, breaking your very young son's arm (which was alleged) is a serious character issue. 

I like how we use the kid's arm incident and not him beating his pregnant girlfriend into a miscarriage. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I like how we use the kid's arm incident and not him beating his pregnant girlfriend into a miscarriage. 

I actually didn't know about that one. Breaking the kids' arm is brutal enough. That makes me sick to my stomach. 

Why is this scumbag in the NFL? 

Edited by Old Guy