NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

No one's fault but their own. The illegal options are onerous. People who do it would GLADLY pay a reasonable price to watch games they go out of their way to stream illegally. 

Just stream the games for free, keep track, and charge for advertising based on the number of viewers including the streams. It's not rocket surgery 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'd pay $2-3 to watch a random MNF game sometimes I suspect.

Make this stuff a la cart

I'd ******* pay $20 for a GB game that isn't on sometimes. But I don't need the whole season thing especially when pirating is so damn easy now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packer_ESP said:

I've been streaming since I follow the sport, always wanting to have a legal, more comfortable way of doing it. Two things have deterred me from getting Game Pass:

• Price. I think it used to be higher and they lowered it a bit, but it's still 172 bucks for the season. It's not totally unreasonable, if I watch Packers only it comes out to 10 a game, which is a bit overpriced but not egregious. I still think they should have a "team" GP that is something like 50-60% of the price and lets you watch only games from your favorite team. However...
  • Quality. Every time I've read about someone that has it, they don't really have good things to say. I've read complains about quality and stability of the stream, and frankly I'm not gonna pay 172 € unless I know it's perfect, TV-like HD video with no interruptions at all.

*A GUY I KNOW* had illegal IPTV last year (I have cable so seems dumb) but you could watch 4 games all at once, any you wanted, college or NFL. I think it was $30 a month. And I had every channel ever known to man. Never had issues. Had on demand everything you could think of. 4k stuff. 

Obviously they can be that cheap because they aren't paying for **** but it's so hard to resist that temptation if I'm actually gonna go pay for ****.

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'd ******* pay $20 for a GB game that isn't on sometimes. But I don't need the whole season thing especially when pirating is so damn easy now.

Yep its so easy. Font page of google easy to stream anything. Even if it wasn't that easy there would still be plenty of ways to make it work. If you want to stop pirating create an affordable alternative an bang it isn't that big of an issue. Music figured this out 15 years ago but TV is still playing catch up. 

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Yep its so easy. Font page of google easy to stream anything. Even if it wasn't that easy there would still be plenty of ways to make it work. If you want to stop pirating create an affordable alternative an bang it isn't that big of an issue. Music figured this out 15 years ago but TV is still playing catch up. 

Bingo. But they won't. There's some stupid "market research" stupidity behind it all I'm sure. 

I can't even begin to count how many pieces of software a guy I know pirated over the years but was happy to pay for but it's like I'm not paying $40 for some utility I'm going to use 3 times or whatever.  I mean the guy I know. I guess they figure they're always going to sell a certain set number so **** it? 

Edited by Norm

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Bingo. But they won't. There's some stupid "market research" stupidity behind it all I'm sure. 

I can't even begin to count how many pieces of software a guy I know pirated over the years but was happy to pay for but it's like I'm not paying $40 for some utility I'm going to use 3 times or whatever.  I mean the guy I know. I guess they figure they're always going to sell a certain set number so **** it? 

Last time I formatted my PC my old MS Office key stopped working. I called Microsoft, they told me some bull**** about it being pirated or something (can't remember) and they wanted to give me a new one for like 200 bucks or something. I was like LOL no thanks, I'll buy another of those "pirated" ones in Amazon for 10 instead, or just use free Google Docs.

Not sure why YouTube TV didn't just offer a package for each team for Sunday Ticket.  I think they'd get more money if it was affordable on a per team basis.  I can see bars wanting all the games, but for your average Joe, most just want to watch their team.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Last time I formatted my PC my old MS Office key stopped working. I called Microsoft, they told me some bull**** about it being pirated or something (can't remember) and they wanted to give me a new one for like 200 bucks or something. I was like LOL no thanks, I'll buy another of those "pirated" ones in Amazon for 10 instead, or just use free Google Docs.

Open Office is another option. 

I haven't paid for Windows since I bought it on 3.5" floppies for Windows 95 lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not sure why YouTube TV didn't just offer a package for each team for Sunday Ticket.  I think they'd get more money if it was affordable on a per team basis.  I can see bars wanting all the games, but for your average Joe, most just want to watch their team.

Yeah I still don't get it. I'm guessing the NFL just won't let them as part of the contract?

• Like 1