NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

The reasons why the Packers didn't try to sign him, and the reasons why the Jets are letting him go now probably exceed the reasons why the Packers should sign him now. 

Likely true, but at a end of season rental he would give us solid depth that wouldn’t need much to get up to speed and good locker room presence. He always was a very even keeled leader in that secondary. 

21 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Majority of NYJ fans.

I’d say about half the Jets fans on this board are still behind Douglas, and TBH this forum has the most optimistic fans I’ve seen in the fan base. Douglas is a mid GM at best. Probably getting a lame duck year and then fired.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d say about half the Jets fans on this board are still behind Douglas, and TBH this forum has the most optimistic fans I’ve seen in the fan base. Douglas is a mid GM at best. Probably getting a lame duck year and then fired.

Last spring, majority of NYJ fans were ready to attend his HoF enshrinement ceremony.

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Joe Douglas, 6 yrs with no playoffs "he's top tier"

GB fans after repeated 10 win seasons and playoff berths "our GM is terrible, we need to clean house"

But Joe Douglas draft the DROY and OROY in the same season.

Forgets the context of having had 7 picks in the top 15 overall in his tenure.

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

will be interesting to see what he says on McAfee 

"I would've come back if we were in the playoff hunt" and he'll flex his pseudoscience bull**** more.

Not the actual surgery that he did (where there was zero shot he was ever coming back in 2023), but just his general unbearable stuff.

Edited by beekay414